Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want one of these. And it's energy star compliant!
gasoline_alarm_clock1.jpg

I finally made it to 1000 posts!!![clIt's been a long, hard row, but I've enjoyed every single post here with you guys!!!!Looking forward to many more if you all can stand me that long![S....CR:D

Oilfield math

OILFIELD MATH

Working in the oilfield with others such as myself and a wealth of combined experience we understand the accuracy of the following.

Think of it this way:

A clunker that travels 12,000 miles a year at 15 mpg uses 800 gallons of gas a year.

A vheicle that travels 12,000 miles a year at 25 mpg uses 480 gallons a year.

So, the average 'Cash for Clunkers' transaction will reduce US gasoline consumption by 320 gallons per vehicle, per year.

They claim 700,000 vehicles so that's 224 million gallons saved per year.

That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil.
5 million barrels of oil is about 5 hours worth of US comsumption.

More importantly, 5 million barrels of oil at $70.00 per barrel cost about $350 million , So, the government paid $3 billion of our tax dollars to save $350 million.

We spend $8.57 for every dollar we saved.

I'am pretty sure Congress will do a much better job with our health care, though......[S

OILFIELD MATH

the government paid $3 billion of our tax dollars to save $350 million.

We spend $8.57 for every dollar we saved.

I'am pretty sure Congress will do a much better job with our health care, though......[S

you understand it better than most........:D

if you want to complicate the simple, or overspend a budget, all you have to do is get the government involved...........:confused:

[Si'm thinking a "free" healthcare plan will look alot like $50.00 band-aids and $5.00 a piece asprin--but i'm no expert, i leave all those complicated things to my senators and congressmen......;)

I feel your pain, man

Don't know how to handle this.... A friend I knew some 15 years ago. Seems like all the friends I knew from childhood have died. Just having a really hard time with this one . Been crying for like 30 min. I don't really have many friends. It seems like the only "friends" I have now abuse my friendship and leave me hanging. Don't mean to unload on everybody. But like I said I don't have many friends now and need to unload a little. I appreciate your understanding. He was to me a really close friend from my child hod.

Justin. Sweet Justin Hadley.
Well.... He had a decline in health and a lot of drinking and his marriage fell apart. Fawn separated then later filed for divorce. Soon after that as divorce pending finality, Justin took his keys to his truck to his Dad and said "I'm going to Florida for a while." He went to Florida by himself. Checked in a hotel. Stayed maybe a few nights and he was found dead in his room. Obviously an autopsy was performed. I never heard the final on the toxicology reports etc but it honestly appears to be a situation where he simply died in his sleep. I don't think there was any indication of overdose. He had high blood pressure- pretty elevated.
Very sad. Speculative but entirely possible that things were so sad and seemingly hopeless for a while there that he was just broken and his heart maybe stopped. I don't know really.

And now for something completely different.

Lost my best friend about a year and a half ago. Moved out into the mountains of Oregon just to get away from it all. That pretty much cut me off from the rest of the people I knew. Now, I am just a face in the very small crowd here.

Not a joke, although I made a lot of "bad wife jokes" in my life, we had been married 25 years and 20 days.

Does it get better with time? In a word, no.

Attachments

• family pictures 235.jpg
    family pictures 235.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 25
Thanks Eman! And NO Pookie I can't imagine that world!...HRP, I think that's the major part of our problems today, we left it to our elected officials!.:D....CR

ease up there, will ya pookie?

all "religions" are not equal.........

the Bible never approves the innocent slaughter of multitudes, the Koran? i don't know
the Bible gives us wisdom "love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, mind and strength--and your neighbor as yourself"
(or maybe call it the golden rule --do unto others as you would have them do unto you)

to broadbrush religion as all evil or wrong is no different than saying that b/c one dummy modified his car and made it unsafe, then all in the auto hobby must be like that......

It's been said more people have been killed in the name of religion than any other reason. Mankind sure can screw things up. Makes me think of that Randy Newman song...

Can we move on? The BS thread is getting depressing.

Artsy Fartsy

As most of you don't know. I dabble in pin striping. So I thought I'd post a pic. of my last striping effort. The beer fridge in the garage. I always do everything freehand so don't be to harsh on my lines being spaced perfectly.;)

pinstripefridge.jpg

Just to lighten things up!

"Haul a Yugo. Haul a Yugo."

Gearly beloved, we are Blazered here in the name of our Four-door, who art in Half-ton.

I'm speaking of our lord and Mazda, Jeep-sus Chrysler.

He is the Alfa and the Romeo.

He was born in a Ranger, he was Tempo'd by the DeVille, and he Daihatsu'd for your Sentras.

He said, "Dodge not, that ye not be Dodged.

Thou shalt not Corvette thy neighbor's Whitewall, but turn the other Cherokee.

If ye have Fiat, ye can move Montecarlos.

He ain't Chevy, he's my Beretta."

He ate the Last Supra, and he climbed the mount of Cavalier, where they Cruise-controlled him on the Motocross.

But God, in his Infiniti Mercedes, did Rolls away the Stanza.

Let us Prelude: Sayeth the prophet Isuzu, in the Dusenburg Bible, In the 23rd Saab, "The Ford is my Chauffeur. I shall not Walk.

He Lexus me in the paths of Right-turn-signals.

Yea, though I walk through the Valet of the Shadow of Dart, I shall Fiero no Eagle.

Subaru Goo dwrench and Mercury shall Volvo me Audi Daytonas of my life, and I shall Dwellmeter house of Delorean, Four-cylinder."

Gloria, In Ex-Celica Geo!

Hey David

As most of you don't know. I dabble in pin striping. So I thought I'd post a pic. of my last striping effort. The beer fridge in the garage. I always do everything freehand so don't be to harsh on my lines being spaced perfectly.;)

pinstripefridge.jpg

I think it looks great. I have been thinking about trying just a little something on my car when I get to that point. Do you work from copying something else, draw it out like a tattoo artist, or what? I can't imagine me sitting down and winging something like that. I would have to have something to "see'.

It's been said more people have been killed in the name of religion than any other reason. Mankind sure can screw things up. Makes me think of that Randy Newman song...

Can we move on? The BS thread is getting depressing.

I'm hiding out until the religous "discussion" is over!:(...CR

Attachments

• 2251155626_63d7c82709[1].jpg
    2251155626_63d7c82709[1].jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 8
I think it looks great. I have been thinking about trying just a little something on my car when I get to that point. Do you work from copying something else, draw it out like a tattoo artist, or what? I can't imagine me sitting down and winging something like that. I would have to have something to "see'.

Everybody has there own way of doing it. I need something to look at to get inspiration. I don't copy it, I just use it for ideas. You can take a piece of glass to strip on and set it over other peoples work for practice. The glass wipes clean. Some people use a pattern and pounce wheel then trace over the design with paint. The biggest thing with stripping is patience and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. And then practice some more. Of course you need stripping brushes. For stuff around the shop I just use whatever paint I have. Here's a good link for inspiration. Some ridiculously great talent on here.

http://www.pinheadlounge.com/

Latest posts

Back