Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
noname.jpg

Being coastal (not POSTAL!!)

Weatherman here on the Oregon coast says the wind is going to pick up tonight, and a couple of inches of rain.

85 Miles per Hour expected in the wind department.

I guess tomorrow will be shop day again, with the propane heater running and the radio blasting! [;)

I love the weather, and the ocean during storms in particular, but I live in an area with 120 foot trees next to the house and shop.

Can you say "chainsaw"????

Y'all play nice now, hear??:D

Attachments

• PA050005.JPG
    PA050005.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 27
Looks beautiful!! I'd love to be somewhere like that.
I'm always planting trees in the yard. Wife says "You don't live in the woods you know." I say "I know, that's why I'm planting all the trees, so I can bring the woods to me."
Have fun blasting the radio and building the rod.[ddev[ddev:)

i bought a bronco 2 last week to use the frame and running gear for now later ill swap a 351W with a thumper cam

Thenk kew! Then key verry much!

Looks beautiful!! I'd love to be somewhere like that.
I'm always planting trees in the yard. Wife says "You don't live in the woods you know." I say "I know, that's why I'm planting all the trees, so I can bring the woods to me."
Have fun blasting the radio and building the rod.[ddev[ddev:)

I bought that land just about a year ago, and to my great dismay I had to take out something like 60 trees so they could get the manufactured home in place. Had to clear a half mile of forest for a road, then the area for the house and shop.

The only thing the world provides me is electricity. Own my own sewer plant, and water treatment! It's nice. Yall stop by now, hear?

Too much time to think.....

So, I'm at Costco, taking a neighbor shopping. Wander over to the car dealer next door, chase off the sales guy with "just looking".

Another sales guy doing a pitch to a couple. "Parks itself, watch this". He gets in, parallel parks, hands on the dashboard the whole time.[cl

Now I've seen this on TV and such, but never thought about it. Obviously a technical marvel, but that's no biggie.

When (and I don't think it's an "IF") one of these things causes an accident, who gets the tickee?

GM (Government Motors) or the driver? Any lawyers out there?:confused:

I knew that was in the works. Didn't realize it was already in cars.

I say if it's programmed to do a certain thing, (parallel park) and it messes up, causing an accident. It's got to be manufacturer responsibility. :confused:

If you were using a toaster and it overheated and caused a fire, who's responsible then? Probably no liability would fall on the toaster maker. :confused:

IDK I guess we'll have to wait and see. ;)

Some technological advances are cool. Some are unnecessary.:(

You'd think the manufacturer would make a foolproof system before they send it out.

Uh... my auto park car just ran over the neighbor kid... :eek:
or
No officer, I didn't run over my ex-wife. It was the car!! :D

more I think about it....

You'd think the manufacturer would make a foolproof system before they send it out.

Uh... my auto park car just ran over the neighbor kid... :eek:
or
No officer, I didn't run over my ex-wife. It was the car!! :D

It's going to plug up the courts worse than they are. What happens when you damage another car? Were you driving? Can you get a ticket? If you weren't driving, who was?

Cripes, it could make the Universal Healthcare stuff look like childs play.

A whole new bunch of lawyers on afternoon tv...."Was your car damaged by one without anyone driving? You may be entitled to compensation...."

And Sam, C'mon now, a foolproof system? Turn it over to the Toyota throttle engineers!:D

Latest posts

Back