Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the total time it takes waiting for water to boil, then boil for three minutes? What is your altitude? Propane, Natural Gas, or electric stove? How much water? What size pot?

add the eggs to boiling water just for 12 mins., 11 minutes not done, they will be runny, 13 mins, they will be dry, im on the 3rd floor so i guess my altitude is around 30 feet, im using a gas stove on high, add just enough water to cover the eggs in a small pot, perfect for lunches at work, i can make a wickedly great apple pie too, ...

Mmmm, Chicken. I had some of the best BBQ chicken and pulled pork just outside of the Detroit area back in June. I wish I could remember what the name of the joint was.
106ali8.jpg

I had to go pick up the sliding door for this.
9vd36a.jpg

I prefer my egg salad to be cold. Thats what i hate the most about making it, it takes FOREVER! First ya gotta wait for the eggs to cook, then ya gotta make it, then i let it chill. Many times i will get impatient and throw it in the freezer. Thing is, everytime i do that i forget about it and come back to a frozen sandwich.

Pulled pork, pulled beef it's all good. I have been told I make a pretty good pulled pork shoulder myself... BBQ it for like 8 hours, with a few smoke packs, pull the meat, serve on a kaiser, so freaking good. It's 7:45am and I am already salavating at the thought of dinner... Thanks guys.

i have one of those outdoor deep fryers, wow, best thing i ever bought, i can cook a 18 lb turkey in one hour, also best french fries and wings too, perch and pickeral ...mmmmmm

Yeah, those deep friers are great! I wanna try bacon....maybe wrapped around cheese and breaded.... Fried boudain....mmmmm

Speaking of meat, the digital meat probe i wanted to use for a water temp gauge was a complete bust. It showed the water temp correctly as it was the ambient temp in the garage but when i turned the motor on the gauge went nuts and never recovered. Speaking of nuts i froze a plastic bottle of water in the freezer. When i took it out at night in almost total darkness and squeezed it, static charges flashed thru the bottle!

Long days lately. Full day at work and working on the stepside with the kid. It is looking good. Been driving it some. Found a leak in the radiator, have to braze it.

Been striping a bunch of stuff, working on getting more buis bringin' in the cash, and working on my Fiat model for the MOM voting on Trak model forum.

1shot

My friend paid for a hummer in 1955

I was at a friends shop yesterday, and we got to talking about old cars and what not. I mentioned to him that i've always wanted a post-war Harley or Indian. I'm not a big fan of riding motorcycles, but i still want one! So the conversation goes on a bit, and he rolls across his office on his wheelie chair to his desk, opens the droor, pulls out a manual and hands it to me. Its an original owners manual for a 1955 Harley Davidson Hummer! He still has the bike.

The story goes like this: he picked it up after he got out of the Coast Guard in '54. It was just him and his wife with only one car, so naturally he needed another form of transportation. He picked up the bike and rode it year round.(Yes, here in the NY snow) Eventually the motor went on the bike, so he parked it behind his barn. Years later his son attempted to restore it. He took the engine out, and dipped it in a 55gal drum of kerosene. Time goes buy, he finally gets the motor free'd. Tears it all down, buys the rebuild kit, buys the decals for the bike, and that night the barn burnt to the ground. The remnants of the bike are still sitting out behind another barn.

It looks like he may give me the bike. He claims its complete minus the motor. Now a little back ground on the '55 HD Hummers, they were a stripped down version of there main model. I mean stripped, no turn signals and not even a brake light. They were 125cc bikes. The cool thing is that there still based on a full size frame. So i may end up with a cool bike that i can put in any motor i please.

The gears are turnin....

i got a uncle with a harley server car frame (at least i think thats what he said). mom has always wanted a trike i think ill build one for her and dad.

just gotta find the time.

They were called servicycles Way.

My news is i have a clue!:rolleyes:
The model a has the original metal straps that were used before shielded spark plug wires. The wire from the digital sending unit runs right by them.
I will see if putting modern plug wires on it cures the gauge craziness.

whoa whoa whoa.....your runnin a state of the art digital guage, AND an old a$$ metal straps to your spark plugs? Thats like running steel tractor wheels on a new Caddy

Latest posts

Back