Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't know that guy, but what he said there was certainly a thought-provoking truth.....

"he thinks he's owed something he didn't know existed ten seconds ago"

so true of this generation.......

Not car related but just a samplin of some of our hometown beauties!..Enjoy![cl..:D:D.CR

Attachments

• bikini.jpg
    bikini.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 29
Okay, I am back. I have been busy. I went on a trip to North Carolina for a few days, and am back now. I went to a car show yesterday, and got a few pictures I'll post up later.
But I noticed something yesterday, that really drives the rat rod movement home for me.
I had the Bonehead Truck parked next to the Synister Chops truck (in progress).
We were across the row from some really nice musem quality collector cars. The crowd spent some time with those great cars, but at least the same amount of time, or more was spent with our rats. And I figured it out.
When I was much younger, Truck pulling begain, and I was there for it. It started with farm trucks, and almost anybody had a chance of winning. Soon money started getting into it, and the guy with the most money invested started winning. Just like dragracing before that, and mud racing after that. I had moved along with mud racing, and monster trucks, and rock crawlers, and seen the same thing over and over.
Fast forward to yesterday. Most of the general public, that goes to a car show, will never be able to invest 30 to 100 thousand dollars into a show car.
One of the major things about rats is the cool factor and the other is the price. People can identify with a home built car that draws a crowd like a shiney show car. It is a reverse movement, that involves the general public being able to relate.

Exactly BH. Rats have an inverse dollar to fun ratio. My rusty,windowless, interiorless Model A draws crowds. Gets thumbs up from people in expensive rides. They are all thinking, heck even i could do something like that! Or dangit, he is having more fun than me for a tenth of the money! :D

The thing with rats is that you can put as much or as little money into them and it's still "cool". With the high dollar cars; they have to be high dollar. Because it takes a lot of dollars to make them that way. I don't care what it is. If it's cool then it's cool. Lotsa money, no money, traditional, kustom, lowrider. Kool is kool. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Actually I was thinking of fiberglass 32's with fake patina or pleated leather interiors dyed in Mexican blanket patterns.

Or how about somebody making a rat rod speedster out of Rolls Royce or a Bentley!? :p

i personally think the "upper-dollar crowd" sometimes misses the point of rattin'

as has been said on here it's not about "making junk for junk's sake" but about low-buck FUN........
when theose wealthy types throw mega bucks at mega buck cars they usually come out with a trophy/trailer queen, however when they throw mega-bucks into ratting (the patina-ed fiberglass etc) it seems as if they don't get the point--which to me is low buck innovation not high buck duplication

whatever- i'm still gonna go low buck, low tech, and low profile;)

I don't really consider my build a rat rod. I actually consider it a home built, low buck, hot rod. But there's not really a classification for that. Poor mans hot rod. I don't know. It's not really what "I" would consider being classified as a rat. To me it actually falls into several categories. It's lowered,"lowrider" had extensive body modifications,"kustom" motor has go fast upgrades,"hotrod" parts are from several different donor cars, some trailer parts, and everything is being done as cheaply as can be; out of necessity more than anything. "ratrod" I guess that does sound like a rat rod huh? But I consider it a home built hot rod. If "when" I get it done though and I go to a car show, I guaranty it will be in the rat classification. Unless of course the year limit is lower than 69. Then it will be in the spectator (parking lot) classification. :p

Like I said before Kool is Kool, I don't care what it is. :cool::cool::cool::cool:
Mega buck, no buck, lowrider, kustom, monster truck, hot rod, rock crawler, dragster, motorcycle, bicycle, van, Kool is Kool. Who cares what class it's in.

Latest posts

Back