Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She may have seen the cycle in the distance and pulled out never guessing it was closing at 85 mph! Was it at night? Very hard to judge distance and speed of a single headlight. Cell phones were made to be used in cars or anywhere, crotchrockets were made to go too fast in intersections or anywhere. Life and death on the monkey planet.

i know people driving and cell phones aren't a "perfect" combination, however a motorcycle at 85 is not the safest thing either........
in the car's defense i simply ask-could the bike have appeared "instantly"-we all know alot of stuff "pops up" at 85 mph!

i have as much against the biker in this situation as i do the cell phone user --sorry if that sounds too judgemental...... two wrongs not only don't make a right but in this case made 3 dead!!!

thanks for the link though........maybe it'll make us ALL a little more aware of our surroundings when driving/riding

That happened several years ago. In the original story, police estimated the bike at 155mph and no mention of a cell phone. Pictures were from Stockholm Motorcycle Fair.

I don't think a crotch rocket at 85mph wouldn't have enough energy to do that and move the car 20 feet sideways.

my 15 minutes of fame

i have truly been honored today.....
i feel so wise and "accomplished" to have my rat rodding statement quoted by E-man AND Samfear.......WOW....i think i have arrived!(whatever THAT means....[S:rolleyes::D

(in my best Elvis impersonation..)
thank you, thank you very much:cool:

i feel so wise and "accomplished" to have my rat rodding statement quoted by E-man AND Samfear.......WOW....i think i have arrived!(whatever THAT means....[S:rolleyes

I think you have arrived also![cl To be quoted by 2 RRR members at the same day is an outstanding feat....:D..CR

I thought the same thing about the bike at only 85, at 155 I could def. see it. I didn't post to say anything about cell phone use or bikes speeding. Just to show the pic.s and help remind everyone to PAY ATTENTION when driving. Regardless of where you're driving, what you're driving, or what you're doing while driving.

2012.jpg

i feel so wise and "accomplished" to have my rat rodding statement quoted by E-man AND Samfear.......WOW....i think i have arrived!(whatever THAT means....[S:rolleyes::D

That preacher school is paying off in ways you weren't expecting.

Rhymin & Religion 101--Jessy Jackson style---helps ya out in hot rodding too..

Also--Helps out in lawyerin if you need a second income--"If it don't fit-you must aquit"

PA41

Just when I thought it was OK to take up jogging and try to stay in better shape these 2 morons take up a new hobby! I read this in today's news. Just love it around here, you meet the nicest people.[cl...CR

A suspect has been arrested as a co-conspirator in two drive-by blow-dart attacks, according to Delaware State Police.
Tips played a role in the apprehension of *******, 20, of Bear, Del., who was charged Feb. 9 with two counts of second-degree assault and second-degree conspiracy, both felonies.

The announcement of the arrest was delayed as investigators followed leads in four blow-dart cases.

****** is accused of driving while another person fired the darts in two incidents that occurred in Wilmington on Aug. 11, 2009.

At about 10:40 a.m. that day, a 36-year-old man was riding a bicycle on Limestone Road (Route 7) near Ocheltree Lane when he felt a sudden pain and saw a four-inch blow dart buried several inches into his right thigh, police said. The injury was treated by a physician.

At about 5 p.m., a 29-year-old woman was jogging along Route 7, just north of Route 72, when a blow dart struck her calf.

Investigators also learned of two incidents the previous day. At about 7:15 p.m., a blow dart struck the lower back of a female bicyclist, 27, on Route 71 in Bear, prompting treatment by a doctor.

At about 9:30 p.m., a blow dart struck the left hand of of a 17-year-old male bike rider on Route 40 at Wrangle Hill Road. The injury led to surgery at Christiana Hospital.

I feel bad for the jogger. If the bike riders are anything like most
are around here, no sympathy for them.

Guess it's better than a bullet?:confused:

OUCH!! That would HURT!!:mad: Feel bad for ALL the recievers of those baby's!! My buddy made a blowgun at work one day out of an 8 ft. pc. of 1/2" copper tubing, a 1/8" 6014 welding rod with all the flux knocked off and enough weatherstripping wrapped on one end of the rod to just make it a little snug inside the tube. He was shooting it right through 5/8" drywall, into the bathroom on the other side from about 15 or so feet away!!

Set myself on fire

Sitting cross legged between the frame rails, getting ready to put the engine and trans in. Doing some welding for the body mounts, just to make them final. About 45 minutes into the situation.

Look down, right pants leg picked up a spark, frayed Levi's are slightly on fire. Grabbed it with the welding gloves, no good, started right back up.

Went to stand up to spray it down with some water, got a killer cramp in the left leg. Had to stand up, step over the frame, get spray bottle.

If anyone asks you which is worse, being on fire, or a killer leg cramp, go for the cramp.:eek:

Felt soooooo good when it stopped hurting!

windy yesterday, rained seems like all night.....storms south of us and north of us that could have been tornadoes-many injurred, at least on fatality

.......spring on the outskirts of tornado alley......:confused:

Latest posts

Back