Fenderwell Headers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyce51

I am building a 51 ford F-1. Full fendered old school gasser. I am running a 351 C. I found fenderwell well headers for sbc in the truck but nothing for 351c. Any ideas or am I gonna have to cough up some serious cash for custom made headers??

Make your own.

Find a cheap set of headers that fit your motor (doesn't matter if they actually fit your car) and merge them with the SBC headers you have now.

Well, you can check out some of the places that specialize in the Cleveland Motors....or just buy yourself a Uweld header kit and make them exactly like you want....

Take your time and only tack them on til you have one bank completed to where you want them. You may need to remove a few of the primaries to fully weld em on. Not too hard and can be fun to create your own.

Get busy and take pics[P

Not trying to jack the thread, but I was wondering, to make headers I assume you just use exhaust pipe? Just buy some straight stock and bend? Also, couldn't you just take off your original manifolds, cut them down to the flanges, and weld the custom headers to that?
Thanks,
Rob

ou can go down to the good ole muffler shop, or just go to Napa and get what you need. Get plenty of straights and bends in the size needed, along with your flanges.....and then some big tubing for your collectors. And don't forget header flanges.

Its best to fit up and tack everything while you either got the motor in the car... personally use a old stripped out block, that way if you gotta tack something together to bend it, you have enough mass there along with the motor mounts, you can bend it without tearing up everything.....

I use what is called a work bend when I fab headers. They will have a 180 degree bend and then a 45 deg all in the same piece. And they are all mandrel bent. Can get them in SS as well. and Ole Pook is right, tack and number every primary as you go. Then blow it all apart and weld the primaries fully. then reassemble the header to finish it up. kinda like in the pics...[;)

Attachments

• willys header1.jpg
    willys header1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 15
  • willys header 2.jpg
    willys header 2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 12
  • h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back