Future Hot Rods?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodron

Drives the Batmobile... er... Ratmobile!
What will the next big trend in hot rodding be? What's your idea of the hot rod of the future?

click image for larger view

I hate to say it but in 20 years we'll be seeing guys in their forties buying and restoring current Civics and Neons. Not a pretty picture, is it ? I'm in my forties and I'd like a Gremlin or a Pinto. Twenty-twenty five years ago I detested the things, but like most things what goes around comes around.

I hate to say it but in 20 years we'll be seeing guys in their forties buying and restoring current Civics and Neons. Not a pretty picture, is it ? I'm in my forties and I'd like a Gremlin or a Pinto. Twenty-twenty five years ago I detested the things, but like most things what goes around comes around.

I doubt anyone will be restoring a Neon... doubt u could find one that escaped the crusher...

Tripper ........ that's what we thought about Gremlins and Pintos ....

I don't think that todays cars that have miles of wires, tons of electronics, and a million sensors will be restoreable in the future. Many times, problems with them can't even be diagnosed today. I don't think there will be much chance of fully restoring one 25 or 30 years into the future.

I don't think that todays cars that have miles of wires, tons of electronics, and a million sensors will be restoreable in the future. Many times, problems with them can't even be diagnosed today. I don't think there will be much chance of fully restoring one 25 or 30 years into the future.

You're probably right, Gastrick. I know I'm not going to be able to help my kids much when they latch onto their first cars, and that's only 6 or 8 years away. Anything they'll be buying will be an early 2000's model. I don't have much of a clue as to what's going on under their hoods. Wasn't like when I turned 16 and wanted to play with the family car ( '71 Impala) because any 15 year old "beater" in the future won't be worth fixing/diagnosing and because of e-testing will probably be off the road anyway. Let's hope we don't see the Civics and Neons I mentioned earlier, but sure as **** there will be a following, but likely a smaller following than what we're into. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back