got wood

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track-T

should of used oak....

Attachments

• CA4645A4-974B-4B31-8189-0F39C8CD9660-1.jpg
    CA4645A4-974B-4B31-8189-0F39C8CD9660-1.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 52
A young man loses an eye...

A real genius! :eek:

Toad

family can't afford a glass one so they get him a wooden eye...
He's real sensitive about it and is hesitant to date due to the wooden eye..
Friend convinces him to go to a dance with a number of other people with disabilities....reluctantly he goes....
he's standing with his friend and spots a girl standing in the corner alone....his friend tells him he should ask the girl to dance....reluctantly he walks over to her and says "I wonder if you'd like to dance?"....She says "WOULD I" and he says...
"Forget it BIG NOSE!!"..

I think that driveshaft spacer kinda goes along with "Here, hold my beer and watch this !" :D

And you just know a fence post at his house is 4 inches shorter than the rest ! :D

Don

"" woodnt" be any good for burnouts....

held together with bolts and knots I see...

finally ive twigged..... someone has barked up the wrong tree....

best I leaf it alone......... :D

On my first "hotrod" when I was 14, I tried to connect the rear end to the leaf springs with 2x4s and reddi-bolt. Fortunately I was not like Thomas Edison and didn't have to make 2700 light bulbs to get one that worked.

OK, crank the flame thrower...you guys are obviously too sensitive to safety,,,hoho! Have not heard the real story behind this effort, but "what ifs" could go a long way. So, your sitting in your shop, nearly finished hotrod and find your driveshaft needs to be lengthened. No ride, no friends around, driveline specialty shop is 5 miles down the road. What "wood" you do???
Hopefully it wasn't an idea meant to stay!

You know there is always some "block head"

OK, crank the flame thrower...you guys are obviously too sensitive to safety,,,hoho! Have not heard the real story behind this effort, but "what ifs" could go a long way. So, your sitting in your shop, nearly finished hotrod and find your driveshaft needs to be lengthened. No ride, no friends around, driveline specialty shop is 5 miles down the road. What "wood" you do???
Hopefully it wasn't an idea meant to stay!

out there that thinks this stuff works....(did not mean you)....I'm sure this clown thought it would hold for "a while"....either that or it's one of those redneck repair photos that made it's way to a car site....either way....NO....I WOULDN'T DO THAT REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES.... lol....[cl

Guess I won't grace ya'll with some of the events of my past then....:rolleyes: No kiddin guys, I know that safety is a huge concern with the traffic in most areas anymore and I'm not a wildass in a vehicle, but come hell or high water, in a jam, I've used some lame-brained stunts to get home. I can only remember 3 times in my life where I didn't get myself home with what I left with. Guess it comes from living "rural". Back to the got wood. Given a piece of wood of nearly any kind found around your place, if the guy at the shop said, "hey, if you can get your ride here in 15 minutes, I'll have your shaft done this afternoon and tomorrow you're out and about in your newly finished ride....ya'll would be looking for drill bits and saws and sweeping wood chips off the floor...:D 5 miles? paper mache could work for that long if you wanted to get there.

Guess I won't grace ya'll with some of the events of my past then....:rolleyes: No kiddin guys, I know that safety is a huge concern with the traffic in most areas anymore and I'm not a wildass in a vehicle, but come hell or high water, in a jam, I've used some lame-brained stunts to get home. I can only remember 3 times in my life where I didn't get myself home with what I left with. Guess it comes from living "rural". Back to the got wood. Given a piece of wood of nearly any kind found around your place, if the guy at the shop said, "hey, if you can get your ride here in 15 minutes, I'll have your shaft done this afternoon and tomorrow you're out and about in your newly finished ride....ya'll would be looking for drill bits and saws and sweeping wood chips off the floor...:D 5 miles? paper mache could work for that long if you wanted to get there.

over here we call that "number 8 wire mentality" ... got to admire your ingenuity to get the job done... !!!! [cl

in fact I have a bit of that no 8 wire holding the exhaust together on my parts chaser....

maybe someone should start a thread on " what ive used to get me home"

To B honest with y'all, I've been known to do about anything to make a, round the block ride happen.
I live out in the country so the block is 4 miles.
For a long time the neighbors would hurry to their front doors to see what we were driving and waive at us as. We drove some pretty weird stuff back then :D
Who am I kidding, we still drive some interesting stuff :p

Latest posts

Back