Greetings From Tucson

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowtiestang

Hello all,

My name is Robert and from Tucson AZ or as I like to call it North Mexico:D

I just sold my Mustang drag car roller and plan on putting the power train in my new rat rod. The Stang ran a best of 10.97@124 at a DA of 2800' so she should run well in a rod.

Here is the old toy..RIP

SANY0039copy.jpg

Here is my 1947 Reo..

SANY0442-1.jpg

SANY0430.jpg

And the plan is maybe something like these Photoshops[S

reocopy.jpg

1939-rat-rod-pickupcopy.jpg

Greetings

Welcome to the site. Hope to see your truck on the street. I too am working on an old ford truck cab (1952 coe) but with 2 boys in college and 1 still in high school, it may take me a little while before I get to finish it.
Again welcome to the site

Welcome!! I'm diggin the Mustang, must have been hard to part with it. The Reo has the potential to look awesum! Plenty of pics please!!..CR

welcome to the site! from your name i'm almost afraid to ask...whadya have in that 'stang?!:eek::D

welcome to the site, love the proposed direction, and pic 1 & 3 look the best b/c of front wheel placement IMO
keep us posted.....[P

welcome to the site! from your name i'm almost afraid to ask...whadya have in that 'stang?!:eek::D

welcome to the site, love the proposed direction, and pic 1 & 3 look the best b/c of front wheel placement IMO
keep us posted.....[P

355 Chevy...[cl the only engine to put into a Ford...

355 Chevy...[cl the only engine to put into a Ford...

:eek::eek:

just messing w/ya, i have heard of alot of ponies running bowtie power-but have never seen one in person......i had a 80 fox-body hatchback w/ a 351w; my younger brother had a 84 coupe w/ a 70 model 429....we never did get brave enuf to line up w/ each other (the only way we could both have bragging rights of never being beat!)

what all is in your 355?

:eek::eek:

hat all is in your 355?

The short list is..

355ci
Dart 215 Alum heads
Comp solid roller.631 lift 298/306dur 106center
12.6-13:1 comp
ran a best of 10.9@124 at a DA of 2500'or so. in a 3000lbs car.

Here is the first start up

Here is one of the last runs before I pulled the engine and sold the car...
cant wait to put it in the rat[ddd I think this run was an 11.03@124??

Latest posts

Back