Hello from Korn-tucky

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Scarlett

Hey everybody,
I found out about this forum from the HAMB. My car doesn't fit in there, so I am hoping I found a home. I am a infantry squad leader with the 101st Airborne (Ft Campbell KY). I am orginally from Kalispell MT and lived in SoCal for 10 years while serving the Navy.

I am building a 1931 Buick 60 series project called the MRAT and combination of MRAP (Mine Resistant Armoured Personnel) and Rat which we all recognize. It is a tribute to the MRAP's I drove and was blown sky high in 4 times in Afghanistan.

The motor and tranny I selected is the problem when it comes to fitting in. I am using a DT466 Diesel out of a school bus. Why on earth would I do that? A) I am not right in the head and B) it is the all mechanical version of the Maxxforce engines that powered my vehicles. oh and C) I don't think it has been done before. The only guys who use these are in the pulling world.

I am here because this is my first hot rod build and I am looking to tap into the creativity that is ONLY found in the rat rodding community. I have found that rat owners/builders are the only group that are accepting of new ideas and off the wall builds. I believe that for better or worse rat rodding is the dirty little core of the hot rod world and may be the only place left where the true spirit of what got it all started still exists.

I love cars, trucks, planes, trains, bikes and anything that is big and powerful and belches smoke all over the place. I am a fan of anything from the dirtiest old Cab Over Tow Truck to Cadzilla and respect the builders who sweat and bled all over em in order to get em on the street.

I am sorta passionate about this if you haven't noticed. I have two teenage kids and look forward to talking to everybody and tapping into your knowledge. Thanks!

Al

Welcome Al, I think you've come to right place..

and Thank You for your service!!

my dad was 101st and 82nd from 1942 to 1945 Glider infantry

Tim

Congratulations on your "ratmania" find

This is the only great place I have found that accepts all car nuts no matter their likes. It is a great site for info and comradeship. Thanks for your service to all of us[cl and please don't them blow up your MRAT:). Thank the powers that you are safe. agdeuce

Welcome from Michigan

I echo the THANKS for your service to our great country....and I doubt that I would want to call anything that I'm building the same as what I got blown up in 4 times....lol Uh Rah!! Great intro by the way....[cl

Welcome to the site.
images.jpg

Welcome to RRR, Al. 1st, thanks for your service. I have a son @ Campbell. He's a Black Hawk crew chief w/ 160th. Nice intro. can't wait to see your progress w/ MRAT.

Korn-tucky

Gots me some kin in korn-tucky. Welcome to the site, And thank you for your service. You came to the rigth place. Heck they let me in, what were they thinking.

Latest posts

Back