Hey guys, I haven't been around for a while

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatBroke

Hostage Negotiator
Hey guys, I haven't been around for a while...a lot of "Life Altering events" have taken place. I will give a brief rundown
Since August 25th, I had to resign my job,
wife tossed me out like a dirty dishrag, (keep that comment to myself)
No longer live in the "HOME" we made for more than 10 years
Step-daughter HATES me
dad got put in the hospital and hasn't been able to come home since and is clinging to life every day.(he is a tuff nut to crack)

Not trying to give a "SOB STORY", just had to shift focus for a while. I will return soon.

SIDENOTE: Might be relocating to Northwest Mississippi, just south of Memphis, Tn.....still undecided, but things are staeting to turn around.

Thanks for everything guys.

I don't know what to say except hang in there Flatster. Check in when you can. It will be good therapy to see something familiar.

Wondered what happened to you. There are a couple late model truck builds recently that made me think of your Chevy.

Man, life's throwing you some lemons! Hope yer dad pulls through.

When you think you have problems,

Man, that's a ton load of negative happenings.... pray you have a lot of good friends to help you..... how do they say this? "when life hands you lemons, you make lemonaide"..... God bless ya man..... hope all works out for the better.....

A time for for growth and expansion is a positive way to look at this. Focusing only on what you want and living in the moment is the best advice i can offer. I really would like to see you change your board name to something more positive however. Flatbroke is not who you really want to be anymore is it? :confused:
"Easymoney" now there is a positive handle and a better self image! :)
Please keep us updated as we want to see you move on to a bigger and better life. :cool:

Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge."
— Eckhart Tolle

Hang in there Flat...check in and keep us posted. Things will get better. Sounds like the only way to go is up!....cr

Wow, Flat, thanks for taking the time to check in. I figured you got busy, but had no idea. You are a good guy, and things will work out for you, I am sure. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hang in there man.

Thanks Guys,
a lot of positive feedback. It really does mean a lot. Let me see if I can address everybody:
CD,
I'm hanging in like a hair in a cheese biscuit.
27T,
It is already getting better.
Sam,
I'm glad the "Dark Sarcasm" made a good impression on some of you guys.
Anvil,
My friends and family help make me the man I am today, even you guys here that I have never met in person. Thank all of you for being here.
Sgt Pontiac,
I'm taking Ron Whites advice...My life seems to have given me potatoes, I'm gonna make VODKA, then I'm gonna find the guy that made Lemon aid with his lemons, and we are gonna have a big flippin party.
E-man,
I will be glad take that advice. As far as the screen name goes, I may change it, but I gotta find something that might fit better. Not sure yet.
CR55,
you are right, "Rock Bottom" is good solid ground and a good foundation to build on.
Bonehead,
Dad's health is in GOD's hands now. He is the toughest man I have ever known, and he is going to hang in there till he knows me and my sister are good in life....

When I relocate, I will be going to Hernando, Ms., just south of Memphis...More jobs available, and a more laid back atmosphere, I am truly looking forward to this.

Thanks guys for everything, It really does mean the world to me.

Wow Flat, you got hit by more than your share of problems all at one time. Divorce itself is tough enough, but with all those other things in the mix it must be very hard. :( You were always one of the guys on here I (and I'm sure everyone else) looked forward to shooting the breeze with...........been wondering why we haven't had that opportunity lately.

If it is any consolation, a lot of us have been through some of the same things you are facing right now, and I have to tell you, things do pass and get better with time. As dark as it seems right now you will look back on this sometime in the not too distant future and view it as a bad dream.........nothing more. Time DOES heal all things. Right now concentrate on yourself, get your personal life in order and the hell with everything else. I also wish your Dad well.

Come back and BS with us as often as you can. We care. :)

Don

Last edited:
Darkk,
Like you said, only way to go is UP.

Don,
Everything hit with the snowball effect. Things are already starting to turn aroun for me. I'm in Hernando, Ms. right now, going in to Memphis tomorrow to look for work.
My plans are to completely re-invent myself here, there, and yonder.

Thank you EVERYONE for the vote of confidence, it truly helps inspire me.

Here lately, my music, among other things, help keep me going...With that said, I'm going to leave you with lyrics to one of my favorite songs.....

I'm out on the front lines, don't worry, I'll be fine: The story is JUST beginning.

lyrics are from the song Diamond Eyes (Boom Lay) not recommended music for the "Older Crowd" Just a friendly heads-up thats all.

Hang on and ride ride the waves out, just keep in mind when we get backed into corners like that is when we come out swinging harder than ever and others best watch out. I know you will come out of all this stronger than before.

flat, i hope all works out for you, and memphis is practically my back yard--just a couple of hrs away... welcome to our corner of the world:cool:

Latest posts

Back