Hotrod lawn mower build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I got the 111 John Deere for free, It had a ventilated block, 11 horse single. Yesterday I scored an MTD with an 18 horse twin.
The twin set right in and there were holes to line right up, shafts are the same.
JD001.jpg

I had to bend some metal to clear the starter.

JD002.jpg

Now I have to cut out the hood so it will set down.

JD003.jpg

I will need to make brackets for the muffler if I keep it, make a longer throttle cable, add a choke cable and reroute the fuel line. And an air cleaner.

Sooo, from 11 horse single to 18 horse twin, maybe paint it all JD Blitz black and do some pinstriping?

Very cool.
Needs some bad pipes, fishtails, zoomies, something cool.
Do you have any gearing options?
Ya know, for that quick cut before church on a sunday morning.:D

Do you do all yer work on that trailer...? :D

Jus kiddin'..:)

A lot of it, just the right height for things like this. Plus I take them to the carwash on it too.

I have to use the drive pulley from the 11 horse and it is a little smaller so it will have good grunt. If I get it all dialed in I might try to find bigger back tires.

Last edited:
I got it running, briefly. I had to order a couple parts for the aircleaner, with those straight pipes blowing straight down they kick up a lot of dust so I didn't go far without an air cleaner. I'm a little disappointed that it won't wheely though.lol
Next mower project is actually an honest to goodnes garden tractor, not just a lawn mower. I found a Bolens. It is all hydrostaic, has full hydralics and a pto. Cast iron rear end with wheel weights, angle dozer, shaft drive mower deck and a tiller.

Nice....

That's actually a pretty cool engine swap / upgrade. :cool:
Looks like it all worked out well... '22

Damn, you guys will build anything won't you?........LMAO.........CR

You have inspired me. This weekend I am going to hop up the washing machine and try to get a little more oooompf out of my toaster. I figure some stronger springs and I can make the toast pop clear out of the darned thing. :p:D Tim Allen has nothing on us!!!!!!! :D:D

Don

If I remember Tim Allen usually had problems when he tried to hop things up. I hope you and your neighbors make out OK!.....LOL.....CR:eek:

Cut with more power

If your got the grass you need the power, that means you need the new John Deere CutCycle ! :)

Attachments

• john deere cutcycle.jpg
    john deere cutcycle.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back