I HATE to move!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Well... I sold my house & am looking forward to building a garage like I've always wanted. But moving is a real pain & I spent most of this week moving my motors & tranny's to a friends extra garage. My V12 Lincoln flattie sure had the Ranchero draggin' bumper! :eek: Got one more to move tomorrow & on to my tools & welding table! I HATE to move!!!

BoB

I hear ya. We moved to where we are now 21 years ago and I said then..this is the last time I move. Besides I don't think I could ever live in a city again.

Have a smooth move and lift with your legs.:D

I hear ya too! Started moving weeks ago and "hopefully" the last load will be on Monday![cl...Sometimes it doesn't pay to be a packrat.:D.Good luck with yours Bob...CR

I suppose you will use a little move as an excuse for slowing down on your truck build.[ddd Seriously though, I hope it goes smoothly and you end up with a great workshop setup.

At my age, my next move will be to an old folks home or an urn.:eek:

Moving is the worst! :( You realize how much stuff you haven't touched in years that you are storing for God knows what reason.

We've moved a lot over the years, both cross country and down the street. To me, the worst ones are the local moves. At least when you are moving cross country you load up a truck with everything, drive there, and unload it all at one time. When you are moving closeby, you usually do it in small trips...........a LOT of small trips, and it seems to drag on forever.

Good luck with the new home, Bob. Hope you enjoy your new rod building space. :D

Don

I would imagine for most of us on here it would be the same, (got every corner filled). Good luck with the move. And good luck with the new garage, remember BIGGER IS BETTER!!!

We just added a garage addition 30x30 with 13' ceilings. just set up our new lift. This is only one side of the garage.
lift1.jpg

I've pretty much worn myself out this week so it's football for the old Tripper tomorrow. I got the big 390 w/trans moved today & it's Miller Time now!!!

I really don't mind moving, I've been moving at least once a month for the last 15 years. I just turn the key and go, oh make sure the cord is unplugged:eek:

By the way I live in a 40 ft bus.

I wish but not sure the wife would buy it!!! Oh well...

BoB

I'm right along with ya on the moving part Trip - last move for me was in '93 and I still can't find stuff or know where it is. But when I do look for things, I find things I forgot I had and it's like Christmas. I may not find what I was looking for and spend way to much time trying to find it but in the end I forget what it was I was looking for in the first place - - - - Way to many years of collecting and not getting rid of stuff.

Latest posts

Back