i need some help and info

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratward

[S i just got a 53 3-window chevy truck for free, but its in peices which is no problem but the frame has been cut in two behind the cab. i need some help with what frames would fit or if the frame could be welded back and some info on that thanks

The frame can be welded back together do a google search on "shortening frame" it will give you ideas on making a proper repair.

Attachments

• DCP_3287.jpg
    DCP_3287.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 45
The frame can be welded back. As far as which frames would fit, none with out welding some, probably. Start checking wheelbases unless you plan on shortening up an existing frame. The chevy trucks,suburbans, and blazers, might be a great place to start, though the steering box is usually a bit of a challange.

Welcome to the site. Post some pics if you have them, that will help. If the frame is cut in front of the cab, they may have been planning a front clip swap. I have seen people use Camaro clips on them using the entire Camaro clip. That will lower the front about 6 inches and give you better brakes and power steering. Good luck and welcome.

thank you guys for the info and the welcome, i will get pics as soon as i can and the frame is cut between the cab and the bed. i got it from a friend had traded it to a guy and he cut it then backd outta the deal so my friend got stuck with a cut up truck and we have no idea why he cut it there.

53 truck

Check out some of the builds here on RRR there are a lot of chevys sitting on s10 frames, have fun with the project, and of course we need lots of pictures here.

he may have have been making a trailer but he went out and bought new chrome for it, i just think he had no idea wht he was doin.

hey lowandraty thanks for the heads up on the s-10 frame swap for my truck i found one where the guy had a 53 gmc i think thats the way to go :D

Cuting the frame at this point in the build process was way way too early . Putting it back together now might be too early also . Go talk to the guy and find out what he was planning . After you decide what direction your going to go would be the time to do something with the frame .

you have a good point about talking to the guy only problem is nobody has seen him in awhile but i'll try thanks for the idea

Maybe he was planning on putting in a 4link? Its not to late.LOL

Attachments

• rear%202.jpg
    rear%202.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 17
i found out why he cut it he was going to bulid his own frame for it but that is way outta my league of welding skills. how would be the best way to go about the four link?[S

yeah so i work with like 15 welders everyday and none of them will touch it i've tried to pay them, get them to pay on favors and even threats! well ok maybe not threats but i can't find anyone i trust to weld it that will weld it:(

well i tried to upload pics but i'm not smart enough to i guess [S but i was able to get a profile pic with me and my truck[cl

ok i got some pics [cl now with a little cash, hard work, and alot of help from friends and everyone on this site lets see what happens [P

Attachments

• my truck.jpg
    my truck.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 26
  • truck parts 1.jpg
    truck parts 1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 25
  • truck parts 2.jpg
    truck parts 2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 26
  • truck parts 3.jpg
    truck parts 3.jpg