im not 20 something anymore

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roosters_rat_rods

rooster moved into his new house last weekend..im DEAD,broken back,and my knee's are shot......moving suc*s...but the new house is SWEET...so if any of you was wondering were the rooster was..i was working on killig this old body some more:rolleyes:....feels good to sit and surf the net......rooster

Well Rooster,
It is good to see you are still with us...I gotta ask, What in the world is up with everybody moving and re-modeling the house here lately ? You guys are wearing me out just reading about all this....

I feel fer ya!!!

Rooster,
I'm feelin' u're pain!!! Congrats! Seems like 1/2 the people on here have recently moved!

BoB

In SoCal, you can't afford to move. Everything is sooooooo expensive. Just had the house painted, $5000. New front door being built and installed, $5000.

Homes that were $300K 15 years ago are now 1 million.

In SoCal, you can't afford to move. Everything is sooooooo expensive. Just had the house painted, $5000. New front door being built and installed, $5000.

Homes that were $300K 15 years ago are now 1 million.

Amen bro. We moved to Southern California in the late '70's, and only lived there a year. Both my wife and I worked full time (she is an RN) and we were just barely making it even back then. Everything was just so much more expensive, I don't know how you guys do it.

We finally got tired of the commute and every penny going just to live, so we bailed and moved back to Pa. However, on the other side of the coin, no place offers such a diversity of things to do, Within hours you can go from ocean to desert to snow topped mountains.

Florida was getting nuts on home prices too for a while, but the bottom fell out a while back. Before that happened homes that were worth $ 100K were suddenly going for $ 300 K. Now you can't almost give one away. My Son has a lot he paid $ 60K for, still owes $ 40K on it, and can't sell it for $ 20K. His only hope is to keep paying on it and hope the market turns around.

Don

I guess there are a few stories we could all share in our most hated moves......:eek:..........:rolleyes: So I won't bother to get into the teary eyed crap of going through boxes. Which is the owrst cause I still have shop stuff in boxes from our last move 10 years ago. Havn't had the need to unload everything cause I down sized my shop area to 1/5 the size. Until I build a new shop, most the big stuff is still in crates and put away.
Which really sucks in trying to make it all happen at a reasonable rate.:D

Oh well, deep subject there......lol.......good to see you are suviving the move and good to here you are still functioning well enough to pay the visit.

Maximo

Latest posts

Back