I'm RODLESS!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screw

Well, it's official, I no longer have anything to play with. Sold the Chietain and the guy drove her home yesterday.:( 1st time in about 15 years or more that I haven't had something in the garage to jump into and go burn some rubber with ! I sorta feel................naked, in a wierd sort of way. I got a crappy feeling , this is going to be a LOOOOONG summer.

Don't really know yet. :confused: My buddy and I have been tossing around the idea of building a rat rod from scatch. It would be our 1st ever build. We've been scoping out some old truck cabs in the bushes around our area here and so far things could be promising in that department but I myself, am a little impatient sometimes and building one would take me forever (although it would be alot of fun!) There are a few good shows coming up this summer so I think I might look around there to see what I can see. If that fails to turn up anything fun then maybe a build over the winter would be the way for me to go.

summertime is good

Time to go and look around. I am amazed at what I see sitting when I am just going somewhere. Parts, whole cars, trucks, etc. Not being in a hurry to get anywhere (ever!) I take different ways, which include a lot of back roads.

And I sure see some things that peak my interest! Gather some parts, and see what happens.

But a whole summer with no driver and no project? Ohhhh...could get really ugly! When you find yourself doing a "Tim the toolman Taylor" on the lawnmower!:rolleyes:

Good news

I talked to a guy , who talked to a guy, who talked to another guy, who phoned me yesterday and said he's got not one, but two projects he wants to sell. One is a 1948 Mercury M47 Pick up that still has the original flathead V8 in it ( needs a re-build of course ) and the other one is a 1950 Ford pick up that has already been chopped 3 or 4 inches, is mounted on an S-10 frame, has disc brakes on the front and drums on the rear. Says he's missing the hood but who cares........Don't need one. The cab needs a floor and also the box needs some tinkering but according to the first guy I talked to, he says that he figured I could pick up the '50 Ford for about 500 bucks. The 'ol fart also has a 350 engine out of a 1970 Nova SS. I'm excited,[cl My Wife is in New York visiting her Mom and her parking space in the garage is VACANT. I'm going to look at them today. I'll take some pics, post them later and tell you if my old lady lost her spot or not.[ddd

No chance, no way, no how!

Well my little excursion to look at a project for myself turned out to be a big disappointment. I went to look at two trucks today that I was told would make a good project. PROJECT alright! To make a long story short I was told it had many things done already and turned out to have nothing done and what was done had to be re-done because the car owner let the local Butcher do the work. There are some good things, like the flathead V8, that apparently runs, and the frame under the Ford was in good condition (it's from a 2000 S-10) The guy wanted $1000.00 for both of them. I think I'll let these junkers pass. I've seen better stuff in the bush!:(

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 3
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 4
I was just messin with ya! I believe I would have passed myself!..Keep lookin, something will show up, usually when you least expect it![cl...CR

What's the matter Screw, afraid of a little challenge?..:D:D..CR

My 1st answer to this post was only partially true. I didn't want to bore you people with the actual truth but the way it is, is that my whole life is a fr----'n challenge. My wife has depression, I have COPD and Asthma, and my health is deteriorating, I'm the only one in the house that has any form of income so I pay the shot for everything around here which stresses me out alot of the time and so NO, I'm NOT up for that type of challenge. It's just a little too much. I was hoping to find something that I could spend a couple weeks fixing up and the go burn some rubber before I'm not able to any more. I was told that one of the trucks had a bunch of work done already but as you can see from the pics that anything that was done, was done very lousy and would have to be RE-done (if poss.) But cr55 you are right. Something will hopefully come along when I least expect it. I just hope it's soon! And Oh, by the way I DO like Fords. ( Well, some of them):)

Latest posts

Back