Is this price outrageous?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does seem a little high to me, especially that people have bid it up to that figure. But it is a hardtop, and looks like a solid body with some upgrades in the power and suspension areas.

Hard to figure what these things will fetch sometimes. There was a Bobber truck locally that I saw at a car show about 2 years ago. It was ok, but had some questionable suspension work and a few other areas that were marginal. I then saw it on Ebay and it went for over $ 17,000.00. :eek: and no, I didn't put one too many zeros in that figure. :D Shocked me to see that car bring that much. Must have been the neon lights in the grille. :rolleyes:

Don

What's not to love? Add up what all the parts and interior would cost plus the cost of a rust free car if you can find one. You can jump in this one and drive it home, perfect for anyone who wants a car and doesn't have the skills or time to build one.
If it were your car, how much would you sell it for?...:D

that's crazy

i just checked that out and that seems extremely high. I'm looking at it and seeing it's from Beaver creek ohio, and I am wondering how much rust is on the under carriage from all the salt we put on the roads. but the body don't look bad, but then again the truck might just have some old gold hid in it.

Its got the latest trend writen all over it patina 350 chev new interior fat man front end camaro rear and it says its a rat rod:eek: A nerd can be kool for less that a new beetle.

Last edited:
If you read carefully, including the questions - it has stock suspension and steering, just fatman spindles. Even rust free I would expect it to be fully bagged with a custom suspension for that price. Hell even something a little cooler than late model SBC.

Well I guess something is worth what ever someone else is willing to pay. Just last year my dad sold this one that was much nicer than that ebay car for about a third of that current price.

Gotta love it!!!

Well I guess something is worth what ever someone else is willing to pay. Just last year my dad sold this one that was much nicer than that ebay car for about a third of that current price.

Gastrick,
Wow... you guys always have some really kool cars. I would have bought it @ that price! Those r *really* gettin' popular around these parts!!! My buddy's fixin' to buy 1 with nice patina & a runnin' 6-bang for really cheap... the dog!!!

BoB

Myself, I wouldn't go that for it, but lets face it, its worth whatever someone is willing to pay. If I was bidding, I'd rather it be a western car, cool ride, and it's a hardtop too. :cool:

Hard Top?

maybe casue its a hard top? i dont know that much about that vintage. but i agree, i would not pay that much for it. but then again i ama broke cheap skate lol

Pablo

People who won't put their location in their personal info bother me and both the seller and the buyer just listed United States as their location. Makes me think they have something to hide.

This may be a sign of things to come.
The Harley fad seems to be cooling and there's a lot of lawyers, doctors, dentists looking for new toys.

Beavercreek ohio is in my neck of the woods. I know this car it came fron Arizona and is very solid pan's, frame ,ect. rust free. A friend of mine owed this and sold it to the E-bay seller last spring. He's a ace mechanic and did all the upgrades. I'm not telling him what it sold for. He may not take it very well.
Then again I might but I'll be sure to wear some ear plugs.

I think that rustfree western thing may be what helped get the price up a little. I have had some rustbuckets in my life, and also some extremely clean rustfree cars. Starting on one that is mint makes all the difference in the world, and sometimes you actually end up cheaper than if you go cheap to start then begin replacing rusted out metal.

I had one '47 Ford Fordor sedan that spent it's entire life garaged and only had 50,000 miles on it when I got it. I used to lay underneath it on a creeper just staring at floorpans that looked like the day Henry stamped them. :) For a boy from Pennsylvania that was not something I saw ever before. I was like a kid in a candy store and couldn't believe it was actually all mine.

That Chevy looks like it is very solid, and if the workmanship is as described, it is probably a nice driving car too. If you add up all the parts and the car itself, it would undoubtedly come near that figure.

Don

Somebody was on crack while bidding! There is one for sale on THAMB that is in better shape, and alot less $$$.

Latest posts

Back