It's a, Er, Woody!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

This was at our local cruise today. It's a woody, but not the kind you normally think of. Lots of time and work went into it. Bet it's heavy! :D Not really my cup of tea, but thought it was interesting.
100_0864.jpg

100_0865.jpg

100_0866.jpg

Can you guess what it started life as? [S

That's my Bro in Law's 26 Pontiac beside it, with my Maverick just the other side of it.

Volkswagen. The floor pan, steering wheel, speedometer, light switch, E-brake, etc. are all dead giveaways. Looks like it was an earlier model too. Interesting woodwork, but a sad death for a VW...

Volkswagen. The floor pan, steering wheel, speedometer, light switch, E-brake, etc. are all dead giveaways. Looks like it was an earlier model too. Interesting woodwork, but a sad death for a VW...

Yuppers, it's a bug, or was a bug. I agree, a sad death!

Now Now guys......... if everyone complained about what people did with old cars there would be no hot rods, rat rods, any sorta rods or there would be a whole world full of ****ed off people. Is it a sad death or a good save from the crusher?

I agree that it would be ten times better with wood spokes.

There is really some good work there. The body itself and most all the light wood work is quality stuff - curved hood, turned headlight buckets, etc. The fenders and trunk look to be done by another person altogether - blocky and no vision. I can't imagine the guy that spent the effort to make that front end also slapped the metal HVAC vents on the trunk sides?

A sad end to a potentially cool oddity. So yes, a sad end of a VW, though not as sad as the scrap yard.

If owner likes it,I love it

In the hotrodding,custom car world there is something for everyone.
Some are just a little weirder than others:D
Original VW body may have been a rust out.Down here on coast it is hard to find a good VW.Guess metal was bad quality or too thin,etc,because they sure rust.
I would like to have a lowered early beetle,they look great![dr

Latest posts

Back