Jc Whitney 12 Step Program

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roosters_rat_rods

i go to a local cruise in on thursday nights...it a good night out,most of our poor boys are there..we shoot the bull, bench race and just walk around to check out other rides..we have about 250+ cars a week..the bad deal is i hear hey what color are you going to paint the coupe??are you going to do the interior??how come you put a tractor grill on it???the same sh##@*t all the time..then you go and look at there rides and its always a muscle car that looks a jc whitney catalouge puked on it or it drove down the auto zone acc isile........do you guys feel the same way??or am i alone???....i like cool cars not over done billet clad sh#*T.......rooster

Same boat with the J rooster, when you gonna paint it, why would you put flames on primer? oh yeah and my fav what year Studebaker is that!!!???:eek:

There is a local guy that heads up the car club that puts on the local cruise in.
He has ALL the 'Zone type decals on his "street rod". Very trash looking.
You should see him look down his nose at the rat type cars that come in.

If he only had a clue......he'd see who's the fool.......:p

Gimme them thar fuzzy dice!!!

Hey,
I was gonna get me a set of them curb feelers.

I already have the fuzzy dice...

B careful now Flat... I have curb feelers & spotlites on the Ranchero... but no fuzzy dice! The Ranchero came with 'um & I have never had the heart to take 'um off! Talkin 'bout OLD school!!! Where'd u git them there dice boy?! ; - >

BoB

Funny, for the most part, people around SoCal "get it". One of the regular cruisers has a 67' GTO, restored, 230SL MBZ and a Ferrari Dino. Saw my car and went out and bought a rat rod. He now drives it more than any of his other cars. Every now and then, I get the odd duck that asks when am I going to paint it. All I do is point to the other cars and say, "Do you see me on my hands and knees cleaning my car?". Then you see a light bulb go off and they get it.

None of that stuff really bothers me. I really don't care what other people do with their cars and I don't really expect them to understand my primered stuff. I understand what you are saying though and sometimes some of them can be pretty annoying but I'm okay with it unless someone would intentionally insult me. My local cruise is the same way but I still enjoy walking around and talking to folks and checking out different kinds of cars, billet or not. I think the whole "them against us" thing is over blown. I find most rodders to be decent. I'll go as far as to say I've been snobbed by far more traditionalists/hardcore ratters than I ever have by so called "gold chainers". You just called a style of car that you do not like the "S" word. Isn't that pretty much the same attitude that you are complaining about. I think that different people like different styles of cars. Nobody is wrong or right, just different, that's all.

This of course is just my opinion on the matter and may not reflect those of the staff, callers or advertisers.

None of that stuff really bothers me. I really don't care what other people do with their cars and I don't really expect them to understand my primered stuff. I understand what you are saying though and sometimes some of them can be pretty annoying but I'm okay with it unless someone would intentionally insult me. My local cruise is the same way but I still enjoy walking around and talking to folks and checking out different kinds of cars, billet or not. I think the whole "them against us" thing is over blown. I find most rodders to be decent. I'll go as far as to say I've been snobbed by far more traditionalists/hardcore ratters than I ever have by so called "gold chainers". You just called a style of car that you do not like the "S" word. Isn't that pretty much the same attitude that you are complaining about. I think that different people like different styles of cars. Nobody is wrong or right, just different, that's all.

This of course is just my opinion on the matter and may not reflect those of the staff, callers or advertisers.
you are right about the s word....thats my opinion....sorry about that..now i do argree about being snobed from the traditionalist,and the gold chainers too you do have a point we all have our opionion..i guess i'm lucky to be around a group that has the sametype of cars and we do draw big crowd,maebe im blowing steam gasstrick but thanks for making me look at it another way .........................rooster

I'm beginning to see more and more hot rods and rat rods at the auto swap meets. It seems that most of the car shows here are leaning towards the fancy painted muscle cars and the new cars from the dealer decked out in billet (ooohh, I said the B word).
The last time I was at a hot rod and custom show, someone asked me how I liked the show. I told him it was Deja Moo. He asked me if I meant Deja Vu and I said, "No, Deja Moo...I've seen this B.S. before!"

you are right about the s word....thats my opinion....sorry about that..now i do argree about being snobed from the traditionalist,and the gold chainers too you do have a point we all have our opionion..i guess i'm lucky to be around a group that has the sametype of cars and we do draw big crowd,maebe im blowing steam gasstrick but thanks for making me look at it another way .........................rooster

I just re-read my post from last night Rooster. It reads a little harsh but I didn't mean it that way. I'm not known for having a way with words.:eek:

I just re-read my post from last night Rooster. It reads a little harsh but I didn't mean it that way. I'm not known for having a way with words.:eek:
its ok brother we all have an opinion...that what make great hot rodders:rolleyes:...now that does not cover the rest of the JC WHITNEY crowd...lol.................ahhh its the weekend drink a beer and talk trash........................rooster

See, I have to agree with Gastrick. While you occasionally get the jerk who is just either ignorant or playing with you, I find most people to be pretty decent. I'm not real thin skinned (spent too many years in sales to be thin skinned :D) so I sort of take comments that are made as being positive. If someone says "when are you going to paint it?", and you aren't , just say "I'm not" and leave it go at that. No need to start putting on the brass knuckles or getting PO'd.

The way I look at it, no one put any cash into my project, so they have no input into the final result. Most times, if you just give them a straight answer, they walk away, and you can get on with your life. But, every once in a while, you get someone you KNOW is trying to get to you, so it is ok to let them know you don't appreciate the comment or question. There have been times when I have said to a guy "where is your car? I want to go take a look at it so I can learn from it." Usually they don't even HAVE a car, and make some weak excuse and take off. That's fun to do. :D:D

It would be like me walking up to Hugh Hefner and telling him those 3 chicks were just hanging out with him for his name and money. DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WOULD CARE THAT I MADE THAT COMMENT???????????

Don

Deja moo, I like that. Not to dis anbodys ride, I have seen rows of 55 chevys with billit motors and perfect paint and they are nice, but they dont grab me. Then some young kid pulls up in a ratty, unfinished, unupolstered 30 something roadster with a big block and open headers and I love it. I can walk around it several times taking in all the detail and sometimes the lack of detail and I like that.

Last friday night at the local cruise in, one of the guys told me to go look at this 72 Chevy truck cause it was new and will most likely win 1st place at the next car show. I walk over and check out this perfect machine. You can imagine it is perfect in every way. Then I hear the story of its build. The owner doesnt make or build things he just writes checks. Guess how much he had invested - I am gonna type this very slowly - o n e h u n d r e d t w e n t y f i v e t h o u s a n d dollars.:eek::eek:

Can you imagine spending that much? I cant.:cool:

Latest posts

Back