Jesse vs the Teutels

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't say anything bad about JJ because I admire him for his skill.
Anything above and beyond bike building doesn't interest me at all.
When we are all perfect then we can stand up and judge.
To me JJ does no more than a lot of people whether face to face or on forums,I'd much prefer talking to him and hearing his thoughts than the trumped up 'smile you're on camera' b/s most of the others spout.

Jesse seems to be a very skilled metal worker and welder, that can't be taken away from him. But, from hanging around these forums, I find there are thousands of guys who are just as talented, if not more. If you look at some of the rolling metal art some of them crank out it is just astounding. There are a few guys I can think of on various forums who do things with metal that I can't even begin to describe.

My take on Jesse, for what it is worth, is that he is a very troubled man.

I admire his skills, but I know a few people who are probably just as talented. And I think he's got a few issues, but then again I guess maybe we all do? Even though I think he's a douche sometimes I would sit down and have a couple beers with him and talk shop.

I will say the stainless frame idea was awesome. I wish I could see it in person.

My outlook of the whole bike show stuff is there are a lot of people out there that do not know what a real choppers are.

This is totally subjective. It's like trying to define what a real hot rod is. or a real rat rod. We all have different ideas and tastes.

Personally, I find most "choppers" boring. The whole V-Twin, hard tail, stretched front end is played out. It's like small block Chevy power in every hot rod/rat rod. No offense to those who do it, but it's not my thing. It's been done a million times, I like to see different and I like to do different.

I'd rather see a tricked out Norton or Triumph done in Cafe' style than the same ole Harley based chopper stuff. Two of the coolest bikes I've seen recently were a Kubota powered one with hydrostatic drive and a V-Twin diesel bike that started life as a Honda CB500.

I should add, one of my good friends has a 2003 West Coast Chopper, supposedly built by JJ himself. It's a pretty nice bike, but there's no way I could ever ride it.

I guess I should qualify why I've made some of the comments I have!
I have known people who've owned JJ bikes and OCC bikes, honestly I
didn't like either one, too cookie cutter! I prefer back yard built customs
just like the cars I like!
As far as being an assembler or a builder, whats the difference ,Jesse
built his frame, big deal! He acts like building a stainless frame has never been done, wrong!!
In the build off what JJ built was very nice but it was just like every other bike he builds!! Put it in any big show, Rats Hole whatever, it wouldn't get a smell! Very common! I've got buddies that ride bikes with more ingenuity!
JR's bike, It was OK, personally I didn't like the 30 inch wheels!! Looked kind of goofy to me! But the bike itself was very different! Put it in a show
it would get some looks, not sure how it would judge, but I suspect very well!
The one BIG difference in the two guy's is!!
One wants to tell you how good he is, and try's to bring the other one down to prove it!
And one just does what he knows how to do and lets it stand on it's own merit's!!
I know which one I have respect for!!
I'm done with this!!

I had an Idea for a movie about 2 brothers.... One is a funny looking lazy spoiled ma ma's boy asinine critic who never accomplishes anything but always takes advantage of his brother's foibles to be the big Jokeman of the Party...
And the other brother is gifted, handsome, hard working, means well but always self destructs and does the wrong thing or gets in trouble driven by years of his brother's derision.

The Comedian brother lives still lives off his folks and royalties from a few lucky gigs before he became wildly unpopular back in the day when they thought he was funny

And the other brother has been in prison, came up from nothing... built a business as the top in his field and proceeds to kick the legs out from under his own achievement.

I got 2 guys in mind for the parts

Paully Shore... And Jesse James lol
somewhere in the past that DNA has crossed paths
seriously though...
Sure He can be an ass who hasn't? it gets pretty easy when your on top of your game to be the *****. You have to admit he has alot of talent and a good eye.
I grew up getting beat up..not at home but enough to toughen me up but leave me not wanting to hurt other people if it can be avoided. I worked with this guy that was tough as hell. I thought he hated me. I thought he was pushing me to conflict. In reality he was a really strong person who was really tough golden gloves and all that and really good at what we did and he was as he put it "all that way" not to be a bully to drive people to challenge him to a fight, He "got on" people he thought he could help become better, people who couldn't be inspired. Paully Taylor's way with some of us wasn't to inspire it was to make us. He'd bust you down and make you.
If he thought you could do better he'd be all over you and in your face in a hundred different ways and never let up on you until you earned his respect. I'm talking No-Fear Alpha Male personality like Ted Nugent.
As Roy Master's put it...A bully is a person with extraordinary leadership abilities in a fallen state.
I think JJ has alot more potential than he gets credit for or maybe even believes in. At least he can come out and say He was a creep and lying to himself and everyone else. most people don't take that step. You have to be reduced to nothing and step off into oblivion with nothing but faith to take that step.
I don't know Jesse. I'm just guessing...superimposing other people I've known over the scripted image of a man sold to me by mass media. I really can't say with any certainty what kind of a person he is but calling him an ass when he's being an ass and still being there is the best thing a friend could ever do for a friend. Like he said in the interview he doesn't feel comfortable hanging out with the fake-n-bake types he'd rather hang out in the back of the garage.... Ain't that who we are? His friends?

Anyway... no mancrush bs or fanfare here I like Paully shore too I'm just being a jackass... I'm really the hack looking to be the big jokeman at the party :)

And the earth still rotates at the same speed and direction as always!!!!:D

Well, at least until 12/21/2012 ! :eek::eek:

Don

mayan.jpg

I've read this 3 times and still can't understand what you are trying to say.:confused:

Don
He's saying JJ isn't a 1%-er.
He's saying distinguish between a guy wearing tattoos riding bikes and making the same mistakes 90% of everyone else makes and a guy like someone that actually would stab someone in the eye just to be a *****.
He's saying he knows first hand guys who are bad and JJ isn't like them
I did 2 years in prison for teen years thieving and general mayhem when I was 20-21 I was locked up in medium-max then downgraded to medium-minimum. I know what he's talking about but i understand people not getting it.

Man, you must be really good at reading between the lines ! [cl I don't think JJ is one of the Hells Angel types, but just that he is a self centered, egotystical, arrogant man..........oh, and I forgot rude.

Aside from that, he probably is pretty lawabiding, pays his taxes, and is kind to animals and kids. So nobody is perfect, I guess. :D

Don

Guys isn't this subject done, I mean who really cares what PJD or OCC and JJ are like in real life or on tv or in the rags. It doesn't change my life or yours, let's get back to building rods!
sorry just my opinion.

a self centered, egotystical, arrogant man..........oh, and I forgot rude...

This isn't directed at anyone in particular...

But aren't we all?
...except for the occasional guy that's absolutely certain he's a nice person because he spends all his time making sure he acts better than anyone else and then tells everyone about it lol :rolleyes: That's enough talk about myself...what do you think of me lol

Guys isn't this subject done, I mean who really cares what PJD or OCC and JJ are like in real life or on tv or in the rags. It doesn't change my life or yours, let's get back to building rods!
sorry just my opinion.

Computers come with a great feature that allows you to ignore threads you aren't interested in reading. It is called a cursor and you just don't put it on that thread and push the clicky thing if you don't want to see it. :p

Don

Computers come with a great feature that allows you to ignore threads you aren't interested in reading. It is called a cursor and you just don't put it on that thread and push the clicky thing if you don't want to see it. :p

Don

Pffsst! Hahaha.

Hey, it's wintertime. We gotta fill our time with something that's sorta rod-related! I can't believe the crap I've been watching lately b/c I don't feel like going outside.

Latest posts

Back