Just poking around

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scalddedog

New guy here from sunny Florida. I was surfing the net looking for any other 58 Dodge trucks when I stumbled onto this site. I don't have the $$$ now to really do anything with my truck but I have some ideas of what I would like to do with it. Here's my 58 swb 1/2 Dodge. Hope ya'll like it.

Attachments

• IMG_58dodge.jpg
    IMG_58dodge.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 22
You don't need much coin to build a ratrod! Do you have a MIG welder? Does the truck run and drive?

Thanks everyone. I do have a mig and I do have some mechanical know-how. The truck does run and drives although it is no where close to being road worthy. I'd love to slam it and take about 2-3 inches out of the top but that curved windshield scares me. I'll poke around here some more and see what ideas I can come up with. I really love this site!

Drop that windshield down into the firewall and get to it!! [;)

Where are you from? It's about too cold here to do anymore work in my unheated garage.

Welcome from Michigan...

Most of us are in the same boat....lots of ideas and little cash....or...some cash little time....or...you get the idea....Nice start though.....[P

Came over from Hot rods.com

It seems I have a Rat Rod according to wikpedia. I have a build going on in Hot rod.com. That's why I came over here to take a look see. I am not new to Hot Rods amd Muscle cars I had pretty much all of them. but I enjoy the building part of Hot rods or if you will Rat Rods Im 67 yrs old and trying to get one more Rod under my belt. Seems like a nice site here.

Welcome

That truck would look just fine Stock out on the road and find something else to CHOP!!! Good looking ole truck Good Luck "COP IT I wouldn't" :eek:

That truck would look just fine Stock out on the road and find something else to CHOP!!! Good looking ole truck Good Luck "COP IT I wouldn't" :eek:

I don't think this is the truck to chop. I'll find something older with straight glass and just lower the 58.

welcome,,,,,

seeing more dodge trucks out and about lately, what's the plans for the 58,,,

Later :cool:

I'm not exactly sure yet. She is definitely rattier than the one pic shows. She had sat in a field for a good while before I bought her. We (my dad and I) were able to get her running with a new set of points and condenser, disconnected the gas tank since there was no gas cap on her, and I poured a cap full of oil down each cylinder and let it sit overnight. The old flathead 6 fired up, a few cylinders at a time, but eventually smoothed right out. I have several Mopar engines here at the house, both small and big block, but I may just keep the flatty in there. Definitely will be lowering, fixing the brakes, tires, and some wiring issues (when the $$$ comes back), then I'll drive her as is.

Welcome!

Glad to hear you are going to drive it for awhile. That tends to get your adrenaline flowing so to speak and it won't become a yard ornament like so many projects do. This is a great site. Keep us up on the build and enjoy driving. Steve

Latest posts

Back