Just wanted to thank everyone

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for making this site what it is..
A cool place to be :D

It's a nice low/no drama site to come to, with some good people..

I have posted my build here and on a few other sites, and it has been received pretty well on all sites but one..
(I'm sure most of you can guess which one..)

I just wanted to thank you guys for making a guy feel like he has a home
cheers.gif

Just wanted to tell ya that I have not been here long and just took my first look at your build but I like what I am seeing, in your thread and so many others!

YOU are one of the people that makes this site a great place to be.

Thanks Blue!

Good Spot

I agree with blue Im new but I like it here, I have been around the block lol
and keep coming back here :)

Blue,
Garvin,
Galaxie,
and everyone else...

You guys make this site what it is as well as everyone that has been here for a while. I'm glad to be a member and contribute when I can.

Everyone can contribute no matter how small it may seem, even a good sence of humor goes a long way.

That is my .02$ worth

I like it here

This place to me is a where people come to share their passion for old cars. Leave your attitudes and your egos at the door. Like a large family not everyone has the same ideas. There is a respect for the other members of that family. I may not agree with what you build but I will respect your right to build it. Thanks for the entire group that post here. I only wish other members that don't post would share their knownledge. They should see by now they will not be put down for posting here. My motto: Those that judge don't matter. Those that matter don't judge.

This is a real cool place to be.Its my first one that I check right after the coffee in the morning.Lots of new people signed on at the end of this year and its been nice seeing some new builds and different ideas.All I can say.Is its been a good year here.

Like a large family not everyone has the same ideas. There is a respect for the other members of that family. I may not agree with what you build but I will respect your right to build it. My motto: Those that judge don't matter. Those that matter don't judge.

That's how I feel...
Someones build might not be my style, but I can respect the time, money, blood, sweat, tears, and effort that someone put into creating something of their own.. I will not trash it
I can't stand it at car shows when someone walks up to a car and starts picking it apart with the owner right there.. WTF would cause someone to be so disrespectful :mad:
Anyway... love your moto! :D

On every forum you get a certain percentage of folks who post regularly but the vast majority post less often or maybe just lurk. I think what causes some of it is they feel they have nothing to say or are afraid of being flamed for what they do say. This forum would be the perfect one for them to start participating because unlike some places we don't care if you post off topic or hijack a little or say something that you might consider dumb. (look at all the dumb things I post, like my cat's pictures lol)

So if there are any of you out there who do not post for any of those reasons I would encourage you to stick your toe in the water and do some posting. It not only makes it more interesting when a lot is going on, but we all learn from each other and I'm sure you have a lot to offer. If nothing else, just post a couple pictures of something you are working on or are planning to work on.

Not only will no one here say anything rude, but you will be pleasantly surprised how addictive posting and bs-ing on here can be. :D:D

Don

Like everything stated above I'm really glad to have found this site. I'm a grey beard, but in hot rod terms I still a young'un. I've only been building and playing with the hot rods for about 15 years and even though I've learned a lot from making mistakes over the years, this is the one place where I wouldn't hesitate to ask someones opinion about anything car related. I know I won't get flamed, critizied, slammed or anything else. If someone feels like poking a little fun, that's more then acceptable and (in my case) is appreciated.

Anyway, thank you Tripper for having the foresight to start a board with the right attitude, and thank you to everyone here for the accpetance (or is that tolerance) of an old fart like me :D

Latest posts

Back