Keep the 235 or just built the caddy 500?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombierod

I have a 59 Chevy Apache with the 235 inline 6. It hasn't run in 7 years. My question is, is it worth rebuilding, or should I just get my dream engine, the Big Daddy Caddy 500? My truck is not going to be built for speed, just cruising, but I love the sound of open headers on a 500. I know the 235 most likely needs a rebuild, the guy I bought it from said it would burn a qt of oil a day. The price of rebuilding it is about the same it would be for me to get a 500 and transplant it in with transmission... Im having problems deciding b/c I love the 500, but I also want to kinda keep period correct. And suggestions?[S

I like the Apache and the 235. Would look great with pair of carbs and headers hanging off the side. But the 500 Caddy was one of the "in the day things" for more horsepower. Either would be cool. Bottom line it is your truck so do what makes you happy. There is no substitute for cubic inches!!

The 235 and the 500 can both be built to look good. If its a money thing I'd stick with the 235 they are dependable and look cool with old speed equipment. If not build that bad caddy.

Latest posts

Back