Keepi'n the dream alive!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwaMan

Hi All!
Lost my brother a few weeks ago, and unbeknownst to me, he had willed me his pride and joy! We spent many hours weekly on the phone (he was in Tn., and I was in NY).
He was the muscle and the owner, while I was the brains and the computer capable. We enjoyed working out the myriad of problems that come home with a vehicle like this, and I'm pleased to say that the truck brought us very close over the past few years.
Sadly, he never let on that he was ill, and he passed quickly.
I hope to make him proud by sharing his hard work with other car guys and gals, if only I'm able to find a solution to a significant TITLE issue that I'm wrestling with.
In the mean time, enjoy my pics, and I'll keep interested parties apprised of the title dilemma.

Pleasure to be part of the group!!
SwaMan (aka: Frank)

Attachments

• IMG_2916.JPG
    IMG_2916.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2918.JPG
    IMG_2918.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Sorry to hear about the harsh way you acquired the truck, but you have a cool hotrod and cool memento.
Do you have some 'build pictures'?
Welcome to Ratrods Rule, from northern Alberta.

Hey SwaMan...

Welcome to the rat rod world...looks like your brother built a pretty cool hot rod right there...

I am 20 minutes North of Albany NY....

Glad you could join us....you have a family heirloom there...take good care of it...

Post up more pictures when you get a chance...

MikeC

Hey SwaMan...

Welcome to the rat rod world...looks like your brother built a pretty cool hot rod right there...

I am 20 minutes North of Albany NY....

Glad you could join us....you have a family heirloom there...take good care of it...

Post up more pictures when you get a chance...

MikeC
Thanks Mike!
30 minutes north of Syracuse here. I can throw a stone into Lake Ontario from my driveway.
Too bad we live in a state where the government sucks the joy out of anything we try to have fun with! Registering this truck is gonna be a nightmare.

Welcome to the board, sorry for the loss of your brother.

The truck looks great. I sure hope you can get the title issue straightened out.

IL can be a pain to get something out of state titled, but at least if it was titled in a different state, at least IL would usually honor that. Too bad NY wants to make things harder.

Latest posts

Back