Long Lost Friend

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
32 years ago, I had a best friend when I was street racing. I moved away and we lost touch, probably because of my job (law enforcement). A couple of years ago, I heard his wife was hospitalized and we re-connected through e-mails. He retired to care for his wife, but she passed away.

My buddy has always been a recluse and it became worst when his wife was gone. He is 66 and he send me an e-mail. He just took the gold medal for push-ups at the senior games. 87 push-ups, non stop, at 66 years of age. I congratulated him and asked him how he did it.

He said when he started, he could do only 15. Now, a one day workout is as follows;

6 am wake-up, 30 push-ups and eat Greek yogurt
7 am, 110 push-ups
8 am, 101 push-ups
9 am, 100 push-ups

12pm, Stamina push-ups
60 push-ups, wait 60 sec, then 50, wait 60, then 40, wait 60, then 30, etc....

His waist went from a 38" to a 28".

His total push-up count for that day was 894.......

Guess it's never to late to workout. [cl

I want to enter the bench press contest next year. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow..that's fantastic..I did about 10 pushups yesterday while working on my project then arthritus made me take a break. My right shoulder kept popin out. Laying on my back welding motor mounts made my back sore so I took another break. I'll work out some more today...;)

I go to the gym 5 days a week. Since his e-mail, i incorporated push-ups in my warm-up now. During stretching, I'll do 25 push-ups, then 50 crunches, then 25 push-ups, then 50 crunches, then 25 push-ups and 50 crunches. I'm hoping to equal out the push-ups and crunches.

If I do push ups, all I hear are crunches! My chiropractor has a sign in his office that says..... If you wear out your body, where are you going to live? Wish I seen that when I was younger. After motorcycle accidents and a couple of bad falls off roofs, (is there a good kind?) I just plain hurt to much to get fancy with exercise. If you don't hurt, your blessed.

Latest posts

Back