Mike From Oklahoma.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panthro

I'm Mike from Muskogee, Ok.. I'm 19 and I've always been around cars.. My father races Dirt track, with the car that we build, here at outlaw motor speedway and he just won the first race of the season.

I've also been somewhat of a tuner the last 2 years or so and we're about to start Roddin it.. we're going within the week to look at this beast, permitting we should be picking it up.

3ke3od3p6ZZZZZZZZZ93l5451d68ec6091992.jpg
3nc3p23ocZZZZZZZZZ93lc37aec32da6a1ed2.jpg
3kb3oc3lbZZZZZZZZZ93l10ce067aedbe10c9.jpg
3k53pe3l5ZZZZZZZZZ93lece08a34d6b414ef.jpg

1942 1-1/2 Ton Ford.. one concern is it might be a bit too big for what we're going after.. Either way we looking to buy something this month for sure!

Any input or things to look for would be great! Thanks in Advance!
Mike

Last edited:
Welcome to RRR this is a great group of guys with lots of excellent advice and experience. As for what to look for...... well the only thing I'd be looking out for on that truck would be somebody beating you to it. Grab it!! :D

nice

welcome to the site, dont know what ur plans are for that truck but those cabs make great rattz. check out some of the build threads on here and you'll get the bug... dp1

^^Thanks guys!
We're definatly looking to Rat it out for sure..
I've read your build bonehead.. 5 times maybe? haha! pretty indepth.. Looked around for a another like yours and could spot one! Good job on the build.

We're definatly gonna look for using AS much of the orignal parts as possible! Hope we can salvage alot of it.. new parts on a rat are :(

Welcome to RRR, Panthro. Lots of those F1's beeing built. So plenty of ideas to be gotten. Nice lookin truck with title,,,,,jump on it !

I'm really puzzled as to how some of you get your cabs so low. Do you fully custom your fram from square tubing? or are you using your orgnal and just adding in the forward z and a vertical drop in the back?

I really really wanna be able to use both my stock rear end and my front axle and suspension to avoid spending more money. I really need this to be cheap! haha! anyways.. Is that at all possable? I see tha alot of people are using vw rear coilovers and using the front end from earlier mustangs.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this is a dumb question. All of the builds i have seen just completely skip the frame work. or maybe I'm just missing them! haha! Thanks in advance. Mike

I'm really puzzled as to how some of you get your cabs so low. Do you fully custom your fram from square tubing? or are you using your orgnal and just adding in the forward z and a vertical drop in the back?

I really really wanna be able to use both my stock rear end and my front axle and suspension to avoid spending more money. I really need this to be cheap! haha! anyways.. Is that at all possable? I see tha alot of people are using vw rear coilovers and using the front end from earlier mustangs.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this is a dumb question. All of the builds i have seen just completely skip the frame work. or maybe I'm just missing them! haha! Thanks in advance. Mike

Do a search at the top of the home page and type in frames, theres tons of help on frames in here. Good luck and welcome aboard. Have fun, be safe and more of all , God bless.

Latest posts

Back