My '42 Chevy pickup build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wiring SUCKS!!!

Well the wiring isn't going so well :( I have never done anything like this before so I have no idea what to do and trying to read the instrudtion well they may as well be in a different language!! As for the buddy that was spose to help me out well he has been a no show so far :(

Well the wiring isn't going so well :( I have never done anything like this before so I have no idea what to do and trying to read the instrudtion well they may as well be in a different language!! As for the buddy that was spose to help me out well he has been a no show so far :(

what kind of problems are you having ? I was kind of confused about a couple things called E-Z wire they were very helpful.

what kind of problems are you having ? I was kind of confused about a couple things called E-Z wire they were very helpful.

I just don't know how to read the damn instructions they are confusing to me I learn better by watching not readin LOL - I have never een good at wiring anything other than a damn stereo LOL - If my buddy doesn't stop over I may just call them and ask them for a lil help :)

I just don't know how to read the damn instructions they are confusing to me I learn better by watching not readin LOL - I have never een good at wiring anything other than a damn stereo LOL - If my buddy doesn't stop over I may just call them and ask them for a lil help :)

can relate to the learning by watching. I probably read the instructions 10 times before I had it in my head. I'm sure if you can figure out how to build this truck you can figure this wire thing out too.hang in there . if it was easy every one would do it.

can relate to the learning by watching. I probably read the instructions 10 times before I had it in my head. I'm sure if you can figure out how to build this truck you can figure this wire thing out too.hang in there . if it was easy every one would do it.

LOL Right!! Yeah I think I am slowly gettin it figured out now just gotta walk away for a little bit ;)

LOL Right!! Yeah I think I am slowly gettin it figured out now just gotta walk away for a little bit ;)

break it down to sections. lay out your harness in the directions it has to go.

the turn signal switch is the tricky one.

horns & fans, use a relay from autozone.

gm 1 wire alternator needs a gen light to make it work.

break it down to sections. lay out your harness in the directions it has to go.

the turn signal switch is the tricky one.

horns & fans, use a relay from autozone.

gm 1 wire alternator needs a gen light to make it work.

My fuse block has the fan and horn relays already in there

What do you mean a gen light?

Wish we live closer so I could help, Wiring is no problem for me, I grew up with it my dad was A electronic tech for 21yr, Iv wired up 2 95 lt1 from original wiring from the donor car and put it in A 69 Camaro and the other in A 55 1st series chevy truck and Im currently wiring A 70 chevy pickup with A 95 lt1 and A 36 buick with A 2001 LS1 for A friends, Friend but the last 2 have the painless wiring kit so there easy and not bad work for A trade out in parts for for my Ratrod.

Never heard of the gen light thing. You can get a 1 wire kit on eBay for around $11 for a GM alternator. Works great, I put em on everything. Hell I put one on my diesel Ford tractor and saved a couple hundred bucks over an OEM unit. GM units have an internal regulator, so I eliminated some factory B.S. wiring.

I believe he was referring to the regulator tickler.

Never heard of the gen light thing. You can get a 1 wire kit on eBay for around $11 for a GM alternator. Works great, I put em on everything. Hell I put one on my diesel Ford tractor and saved a couple hundred bucks over an OEM unit. GM units have an internal regulator, so I eliminated some factory B.S. wiring.

usually comes from the gen / alt light...gives the regulator a signal then alt current overrides the lower voltage/resistance thru the bulb and turns it off...one wire alt does it internally not externally...

usually comes from the gen / alt light...gives the regulator a signal then alt current overrides the lower voltage/resistance thru the bulb and turns it off...one wire alt does it internally not externally...

Wish we live closer so I could help, Wiring is no problem for me, I grew up with it my dad was A electronic tech for 21yr, Iv wired up 2 95 lt1 from original wiring from the donor car and put it in A 69 Camaro and the other in A 55 1st series chevy truck and Im currently wiring A 70 chevy pickup with A 95 lt1 and A 36 buick with A 2001 LS1 for A friends, Friend but the last 2 have the painless wiring kit so there easy and not bad work for A trade out in parts for for my Ratrod.

Well the wire kit I bought had a wire just for a 1 wore alt so I think I am good there :)

Thanx Jap901 :) I think I am finally gettin the hang of it :) got the engine wired tonite and workin on the gauges now :)

Very nice build ya got going there Lucky, I just snagged me a '46 1.5 ton I like the chop you did the day of the maiden voyage is always the best !!!!!!![cl

Very nice build ya got going there Lucky, I just snagged me a '46 1.5 ton I like the chop you did the day of the maiden voyage is always the best !!!!!!![cl

Thanx bro!! Yeah I wanted to go big :) Yeah I cant wait even if it's just to put it in gear and go back and forth a lil bit LOL it'll be so cool just to see it move under it's own power again after 27 years :D

Latest posts

Back