My little girl is all grown up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOT40ROD

Yep my little girl is all grown up now and I feel old.

It just seem like yesterday that my little buddy was in her car seat riding with me to all the shows and cruises. Now she is engaged and planning on getting married in Sept. of 2012.

The part that impressed me was that her boyfriend came and ask me for her hand in marriage before he ask her. He was a little nerves but he got through it.

He a good guy and has a real good job work for someone we all know. Roger Penske. He works with computers in Penske trucking.

Man I remember all the good times my little girl and I had together. When she was little we would go to the car show and if there was a playground there we spent most of the day playing. Took a toll on looking at cars but it was fun.

One thing that will always stick in my mind was when I was with a woman that was trying to change me. I was always a biker and dressed the part. Well this woman did not like the way a dressed and was trying to make me ware other clothing. which I was doing to keep the peace.

One day my daughter said I have something to say to you. So I said what. She said " Dad you use to look cool but now you are dressing like a fagit". Man that floored me. she was about 15 at the time.

Well after that I went back to the biker look.

And yep hanging with dad wreck her. She loves old cars and can tell what year and make they are. When it come to music she like the stuff from the 60's

Now I got to share her with an other man.

I'm so proud of her and now I got to go buy a cane and a rocking chair.

Congrats! Sounds like she had a "proper" up bringing...Hope the new guy appreciates how much work you did to make her as good as she is. As far as the cane and rocking chair....forget that stuff...just build another bike or hot rod

Can you say BONUS race tickets, infield passes pit row maybe a few T's, Pics, Party. Sounds like your little Girl has a love for cars thanks to Daddy not to mention a new son in law for u to hang out with every know and then congrats
cane and a rocking chair I think not

And just think on the grand kids that will come your way and you get to start all over again. My daughter keeps telling me that if I am good she will get flames put on my wheelchair.

Oh yeah, it is always so hard to let go and see them grow up.:( But we have to console ourselves with the fact we did the best we could and the reason they turned out so well was the love and lessons we gave them. When it dawns on me that my Sons are now 40 I ask myself "where did the time go?"

Some people can't wait for the kids to leave the nest..........me, I never wanted them to go. :eek: You did a good job Dad and when the Grandkids come along you will have a whole new flock to spoil. And, you can give them back at the end of the day. :D

Don

They do grow up fast! At least you still have plenty of good times and memories...count your blessings! And hope they change our depends when we get old!.:eek:..:D..cr

My daughter is 13 and I dread her leaving home even, so I can relate to you. You don't need a rocking chair, it makes me think of that George Jones song " I don't need no rocking chair". I hope she has many happy years.

Welcome to the over the hill club dude! I have 5 grand kids! It creeps up on ya for sure! And congrats!!! :D:D:D

BoB

man you guys make me wanna cry! my oldest son is 11 and played an awesome game tonite (B-ball county tourney) my middle one is 8 and knows about all a lil boy can know about cars and trucks and tractors, and my lil girl just turned 3 and always wants to "wide in daddy's hotwod"..........
i want to treasure every moment b/c i'll be in that boat soon enuf!!

hot40rod - sounds like you did ok w/raisin that girl to me!!

man you guys make me wanna cry! my oldest son is 11 and played an awesome game tonite (B-ball county tourney) my middle one is 8 and knows about all a lil boy can know about cars and trucks and tractors, and my lil girl just turned 3 and always wants to "wide in daddy's hotwod"..........
i want to treasure every moment b/c i'll be in that boat soon enuf!!

hot40rod - sounds like you did ok w/raisin that girl to me!!

Enjoy them now, Preacher, they go from 8 to 28 in a heartbeat.:eek:

Don

Congrats Hot40rod, sounds to me you have done your job well.

I just realised today my little one is now 15months old, hearing/reading stories like this make me a little sad to think how quickly the time between now and then will pass. I can only hope that she has a slight interest in cars in the future. I have a running joke with the Mrs that in a few years I'll need a rocking chair for the porch, and some gun polish.

i know what you mean i am a gulf war vet and now my son is leaving in a few weeks to go to iraq, the same place i was at when he was 2 years old. it sure is a hard pill to swallow.

I hear you guys, I got 2 girls, ones 9 a petrolhead, others 4, again a petrolhead. Feels like yesterday the 4 year old was a baby, and a month ago the 9 year old come along. Just hope the build time goes quick!!!

i became a grandfather at age 36 and again at 40, they are now 14 and 10. well i guess i just gave my age away.

odie

finally got to see the ring. it a 1920 setting. Here boyfriend took three days to plan the hole thing.

She came home from work and walked through the door and found candles and pictures of the relationship through out the house starting with the beginning up to the persent. at the end was the ring on a pillow with two glasses of champagne and 12 red roses.

She is so happy. and I am proud of her.

Yes they grow up fast but the memories will always be there.

One more I have to share

The old man was Spc. ops. and when she was old enough to start dating I decided to teach her a few defencive moves just in case she had an issue. One night she came home with one of her ex boyfriends and they were out in the driveway and I heard some yelling going on. So I get up and started to go outside when I seen her move forward and he hit the ground. After that he got in his truck an left.

She came in the house and I ask her what happen and all she said " he was being an ___ and I had to give him a attitude adjustment."

I guess she is just like her old man.

we played together, watch her play basketball from 8 years old until high school. Her first car, college and now her going on her own.

And she still thinks her old man is still cool.

Latest posts

Back