need ! vacume for power brakes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flywheel

have small block with 515 lift and no vacume for power brakes .
what can i do to get the vacume i need for the power brakes to work ?
or should i just go with manuel brakes ?:confused:
thanks for any help in advance...

If you have power steering the hydraboost from a GM Astro or Safari van will work, plumed inline with pump and steering box or just add a p/s pump and plumb to the hydraboost.
Olds diesels had these on them too.
Canisters need a check valve between them and the engine and will work for a couple pumps then hard brakes again. Hope this helps.

Never new motor homes had a vacuum pump.
I guess cause I never had a motor home , good info TI.
Are they very noisy?

I had the same prob with my Chevelle, I used a Hydro-boost & love it. It works *really* well but power steering is required. I tried a canister but it didn't really work well & I hated it.

BoB

vacume

yeah thanks for the info, i did look at the hydro bust but 659.00 or something like that was a big turn off. and i was thinking the old chevy desiles or how ever you speel it . had some kind a vacume pump i was thinking about trying.
did not know about the motor home thing ,will have to look into that one.
thanks for the info everyone .

hydro boost

If you have power steering the hydraboost from a GM Astro or Safari van will work, plumed inline with pump and steering box or just add a p/s pump and plumb to the hydraboost.
Olds diesels had these on them too.
Canisters need a check valve between them and the engine and will work for a couple pumps then hard brakes again. Hope this helps.

thanks for the info i will have to check into this. i would like to put the bbooster under the floor in stock location..thanks

Latest posts

Back