New here from Illinois

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hadahemi

Just wanted to say hello, I stumbled across this site while doing some searches looking for builds similar to mine. To my surprise, there are more than one build threads on trucks of the same style, and after lurking for a while, decided to join. Seems like some pretty cool people here as well as a lot of experience. So anyway, the truck in question is a 1940 Plymouth, and build plans are kind of a mix between hot rod and rat rod. I have a good pile of parts started, and will continue to collect parts until the build starts later this year. I tend to do more reading than posting, but just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Welcome to RRR from Davenport IA! Grew up in Toulon IL. Ever hit any carshows in the QCA?

Oh.... we'll want pics.

Welcome to RRR from Davenport IA! Grew up in Toulon IL. Ever hit any carshows in the QCA?

Oh.... we'll want pics.

I'm in Annawan and work in East Moline...small world! Yeah, just got back from the cruise in at Southpark mall. Not a bad turnout, but smaller than years past. Were you there?

Yeah guys, I have a pretty busy schedule right now, but have a few weeks off in October and thats when I'll get started on the truck, I'll try to shoot a few pics as I go. Meanwhile, I'll see what I can do in the next few days about posting up one of the truck itself.

I'm in Annawan and work in East Moline...small world! Yeah, just got back from the cruise in at Southpark mall. Not a bad turnout, but smaller than years past. Were you there?

Nope. I don't usually cross the river. I may hit the next one though, seems like all the shows are late this year. I usually just drive my Olds to work.

Thanks for the welcome comments all. Here are a couple pics, the po had painted the flat black, other than that it is all stock.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 10
Heres a question, how do you post pictures so they are actually pictures on the thread instead of those annoying thumbnail things?

To post larger pictures you need to link to a photo hosting website like photobucket rather than doing attachments

Good looking truck btw

Ok thanks for the explanation on the pics, and thanks also guys for the kind words about the truck. Unfortunately, she looks better in the pics than in real life, kinda banged up, dented, sloppy body work, the whole shebang...but hey 70 years for a truck like that what do you expect right?

Cooooool truck maaaaan! Banged-up,dented,sloppy body work- Sounds like my first wife:D She also leaked, smoked, and pulled to the right !

Latest posts

Back