New to RRR

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky

First off I'd like to say hello to everyone on RRR. I spent a few days kinna poking around the site and seeing what it had to offer.

I was amazed to find good technical information, media coverage (pictures), and just general awesomeness!!!!!! Its rare to find good technical information on boards these days.

With that out of the way I'd like to intro myself.

My name is Andrew or just Drew. I'm 27 and I put my feet up at the end of the day in Tacoma WA. I work as a machinest, assembler, and a parts puller.

Like alot of guys I grew up with I started off on american steel and with the times got drug into imports. Although I stuck with RWD imports and Older RWD imports.

Well I miss my roots so I'm coming back to them.

Here is my newest project as of a few days ago.

1927 Essex two door. Its all there just taken apart and in incredible condition. I'll have more pictures up as soon as I am able to take more of them.

1hts1.jpg

2912drl.jpg

2pr7ldt.jpg

1sgidj.jpg

2elcvep.jpg

Would love to hear your guys feedback

Well thats up in the air right now. I need to get it to my buddies shop and take an inventory of what all I have. Then I'd like to get it mocked up on stock frame and go from there.

One thing for sure is it will be low....like low low. Also have a line on a 331 hemi so we'll see where this project takes me.

hi

hey from the the southend, just down the road from ya,

on friday in lacey we have our get cruz'in on martin way 4:30 to ???
when it's nice, come visit, always welcome a hot rodder.
exit 109, go right a 1/2 mile, were on the left hand side in red lobster /church/O'blarney's/shari's parking lot

look for the red 1969 chevy truck, MINE:D

Later:cool:

that works perfect seeing as I'll be working on this little project in Tenino!!!! Looks like I'll have to try and swing by.

thanks guys, it's going to be interesting loading it all up.
the guy I bought it from is a really cool guy, he said "just go through everything and if it looks like it might go with the car go ahead and load it up."

He has a 1928 Essex four door with a nice blown V8 in it. He plans on throwing the grandkids in it and taking them for rides lol.

Welcome to the board! I'm rather new as well, a nor'westerner myself, your tuner background is nuthin' to be ashamed about around here- you'll find some pretty openminded people at the RRR.....

lol, nice we are both from the NW and we both have sparky in our names. Dont get me wrong I'm not ashamed of tuner background at all. I still have one of my Datsun 510's and I'll be starting a 1990 Toyota Cressida track car soon. We'll be using a Toyota 4.0 V8 (1UZFE) as the power plant for it.

Im more or less just sad that it took me away from my roots for so long. I'm glad to be back playing with old american tin.

Yea it is in great shape. There are only two spots that I've seen so far on the body that might need patch panels and if I do decide to patch those spots I'll only have to cut out a 9x3 section so thats nothing.

But I'm not sure if I'm going to patch them yet.

My biggest concern right now is to just get it to the shop and get the body on the frame and grill in place so I can get more of an idea what I want todo.

So far I know I'll be Zing the front and rear and channeling the body over the frame, but outside of that I'm not sure yet. Not sure if I'll be chopping the top yet. I like the look of a slammed unchopped sedan like that but I also like it when its chopped a little.

We'll see what the next few months bring.

Latest posts

Back