NW MN Old Fart Newby

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eugene vik

only 62 years young and trying to do it right this time, my rods during the 60's were junk and want a do over:cool:
got a shop, time:D , no health!, and a choped 1930 A sedan
so lets see whats on this forum that I can learn from

Welcome!

Eugene,
Welcome to the forum! I'm rat behind ya @ 59... HP keeps & makes me feel alive & I love to see the young guns pickin' up where we left off. Be sure to post some pictures of what u're workin' on!

BoB

pics???

affraid I will not be as ratty as some of you all, sure dont want to start on the bodywork, spent 30 years doing mostly bodywork and hate it and cant breath now:mad:
this is the way I bought it, and if I get more $$$ would buy something thats a running finished car as my health due to Agent Orange:eek: may not last untill I can finish a car

by the time I get wood in the woodstove I am too out of breath to do anything on the car and have to pace myself all day and rest a lot, all you guys that can do something, cherish your good health, as some day it may be gone.. It is very depressing not to be able to do anything

Attachments

• 101_1188.JPG
    101_1188.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 101_1184.JPG
    101_1184.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 101_1179.JPG
    101_1179.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 8
  • 101_1177.JPG
    101_1177.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
affraid I will not be as ratty as some of you all, sure dont want to start on the bodywork, spent 30 years doing mostly bodywork and hate it and cant breath now:mad:
this is the way I bought it, and if I get more $$$ would buy something thats a running finished car as my health due to Agent Orange:eek: may not last untill I can finish a car

First of all, Welcome to RRR. Next, rattiness isn't a requirement here. You'll find all kinds of rides here. We're mainly about the car/truck/bike, whatever. Besides that 30 looks fine to me. Don't look like it'll take much to get 'er running.

Wecome to RRR eugene vic. Hang in there and finish that car. It doesn't look like it'll take too much to at least get it moving. Then you can make it pretty.

Welcome to the forum Eugene. I'm 62 also and have had a few health issues along the way (couple of heart attacks and stokes) so I know what you mean about it being discouraging not being able to do what we once did. But the way I try to look at it is that there are a whole bunch of people out there who never had the chance to do even the things we have done because of some disablility.

I was coming home from work one day during the early stages of my divorce, and was feeling pretty bad for myself. As I stopped at a redlight there were two guys crossing the street in wheelchairs, obviously both paralized because of their posture, but here they were coming from the grocery store in their motorized chairs. Suddenly it dawned on me that I had little to feel bad about, my life could be a lot worse.

Just take it easy and do what you can, rest, then do some more. Your car looks great and you will get er done pretty soon from the looks of it.

Don

Look over your shoulder

I'm 60 yrs. young and my hard head want let me slow down. I have a bad back bad knees arthritis in my hands and my vision is lacking. I work on my projects as much as I can. I have all my life built bikes cars and other things that roll. Sorry to hear about your health problems. Keep your chin up and keep smiling. It makes other people wonder what your up to. Welcome to the board.

Latest posts

Back