O/T: For you older guys, get a Shingles vaccination!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rattler

I know this is O/T and please forgive but for you older guys I'd like to make a recommendation. If you're 55 or older, do yourself a favor and get a Shingles vaccination. I'm speaking from experience, Shingles is very painful and more people get it than you probably realize. I saw the shot at Walgreens and Kroger but thought that would never happen to me. I sure wish I had now. Just do it! :eek:

Rattler

I haven't got a vaccination for Shingles, I'm kinda anti vaccination, however I have had shingles and yes it is no fun. Its the same virus as chicken pox and if your immune system is at all in question I also highly recommend, as Rattler suggests to get your shot.

Interestingly enough I had my worst case when I was in my mid 30's and again about 5 years ago, and, I repeat it isn't pleasant.

You typically either get it on one side of your torso or neck and face. I got it a couple of years ago on the right side of my neck, face and back. It's like having a huge fever blister that hurts like holy hell. I'm not a big vaccination person either but I got the shot because I'm nearly 60 and never want to have that again!

ISore

I had shingles when I was in my late 20s and my doc told me that it was because I didnt have chicken pox as a kid. Some how theyre related according to him. Said if you have chicken pox as a kid you wont get shingles. Not sure how true all that was but mine didnt seem that bad. It just felt like someone poking me with a needle once in awhile. No meds and it was gone in 2 weeks. Definately something I wouldnt put another med in my body for.

I had shingles when I was in my late 20s and my doc told me that it was because I didnt have chicken pox as a kid. Some how theyre related according to him. Said if you have chicken pox as a kid you wont get shingles. Not sure how true all that was but mine didnt seem that bad. It just felt like someone poking me with a needle once in awhile. No meds and it was gone in 2 weeks. Definately something I wouldnt put another med in my body for.

Ditto that...almost exactly, except I DID have chicken pox when I was young. My doc told me that the pox virus stays with you and this was kind of like a recurrance.

I had a pretty bad case and it hurt like the absolute devil for days (and nights) on end. It wasn't that it was extremely painful, it was just constant and wouldn't let up. Had it on my babyface and neck so I was like a hermit and couldn't go outside! Some people have a mild case and others, like me, have it bad. I got the shot because you can get it more than once, no thanks! :eek:

BF

Latest posts

Back