Painted the body - now what?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigIrish

Got the frame & body painted and I like it, but it's pretty plain. Once I paint the wheels and get the center caps on it will help...but what to do about the body?

Wheels and some interior pieces will be gold. So I'm thinking some black & gold pinstripes? I'd like to paint the beltline gold or black, but the body is pitted in places and I'm worried that I wouldn't get a clean edge with masking tape.

Could a pinstriper paint lines by hand? Any other thoughts? [S

Attachments

• white body back.jpg
    white body back.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 105
  • white body frt.jpg
    white body frt.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 84
A good pinstriper could do it all by hand, I wouldnt paint the belt line just stripe both sides and put some custom striping on the back panel. I really like the stance of your car thats how i want to do my 27 sedan. Remember less is more :cool:

Yeah, it needs something to break up all the white, just not sure what. Maybe a contrasting firewall and some chrome trim pieces like a cowl band, door handles, and windshield frame would help. The wheels like you described would help too.

I have seen tudors where they painted the entire beltline molding a contrasting color to break up the slabsidedness a little and those looked good too.

Don

It is a lot of white...but...

you have to be very careful what accent color you do....I know black and white works but might not give you the look you want...I was wondering if Black cherry or dark copper ..? Not sure about flames but done in the right tone(s) they would look awesome...just have to get the right color combos and lay them down in the right location.......[S...ummmmm

OK. I am gonna throw my 2 cents in here. How about checker-boarding the fire wall with satin black then using a satin black stripe to fill in the crease in the belt line. Black out the wheels and then some simple striping on the back, with maybe a logo or lettering on the lower cowl. subtle but gives a pretty different look.

Put glass in it and drive it.

A Model A really isn't a whole lot of real estate that needs to be broken up.

Finish it the way you had originally intended and then see if it needs something else to be "right".

Here in Omaha we have a small trucking outfit that goes by the name Irish Tiger Express
You might want to look them up and see if they can send you any pics of their logo to give you an idea.
I don't have any pics myself

Tiger orange looks good with gold but the shamrock would need a touch of green elsewhere

Latest posts

Back