prices of parts .. thoughts?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23crate

Staff member
hi All,

i find myself shopping at an undisclosed classic car wreckers in the USA.

im interested in the shiny trim around the rear window.. they want $300 US$ to buy and ship downunder.

previous US buys might suggest shipping around $100 .. is then $200 an unreasonable price to ask for the shinies around the rear window on this stude? it does seem abit more than id expected...

or are things really increasing in value?

1719614529165.png

I'm sure there are still some good yards around our country, but arround my area, the good ones are gone. The few left don't have much older than 80s. Back when the scrap prices were high, most yards cashed in and scrapped a bunch. Some around here took it as a fine time to close and scrapped it all.

The yards in the desert southwest have the good stuff. But they aren't giving it away. Both good yards in Minnesota are selling on the internet. No good deals.
You gotta ask yourself, how important is it to you? What are the chances of finding it elsewhere cheaper?

I overpay on an item and hopefully get a deal on something else to soften the pain.

The prices on most things seem to be about two times as much as they were a couple years ago. Glass and weather-stripping has really gone crazy. Almost anything chrome or stainless steal has gone crazy as well. Shipping stuff is trying really hard to increase as fast as it can too.

The hard truth is, if you find something you need in good shape, you better jump on it now. I believe the entire world is going to go nuts in a few more months.

I say when ya find it ya better buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The yards in the desert southwest have the good stuff. But they aren't giving it away. Both good yards in Minnesota are selling on the internet. No good deals.
You gotta ask yourself, how important is it to you? What are the chances of finding it elsewhere cheaper?

I overpay on an item and hopefully get a deal on something else to soften the pain.
Yes to both of those. The days of finding good deals @ a dime-a-dozen are all but totally gone, along with so many other things.

The cost is probably reasonable. A piece of trim like that will be very hard to stabilize and ship without damage. It will have to be solid mounted to a stiff board and maybe even between boards, possibly embedded in enlarging foam. Plus the fact it’s for an out of the mainstream non Ford or Chevy will affect pricing.

Latest posts

Back