Public Notice To My RRR Friends

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Hey fellas, this is for those who don't frequent the "endless BS thread" where I posted this a little earlier.

My youngest son (15 years old) was diagnosed with Leukemia approximately two weeks ago. Since then, I've spent most of my time in the hospital with him. He has undergone blood transfusions, testing, and his first volly chemotherapy.

It's early in the process, but at this stage he seems to be responding well to the treatments. It's going to be a long road (3 years) involving chemotherapy, radiation treatments, and medicine, but the physicians are hopeful about his recovery.

I'll be in and out here as this is very time consuming and my son requires almost around the clock care at this point. I'll add updates as I can and will try to contribute here as time allows.

I was working on a pretty neat "how to" thread before this surfaced but it's on hold right now but stay tuned, I'll get to it.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I may seem to be AWOL here and there but I'm still here.

Our prayers are with you and I hope all turns out well. Sometimes life throws us a curve bal' but just wait and see ,something positive will come from this. Just keep your head up and keep on truckin'. Chip...............

Oh my God, Bill, I am floored to read this !!!!! I totally missed it in the other thread as I usually don't go to that one.

I don't know what to say. I called Don and told him and Dan is on his way home from the shop, when he gets home I will tell him too. I'm so sad for your entire family, you guys have really been through it with health issues lately.

Your Son and family will of course be in our prayers and PLEASE keep us posted and if there is anything we can do we are only a couple of hours away. Your family is more than friends to us.

I really really really do not know what to say. I have tears in my eyes writing this. Please give your Son and your entire family our best wishes. So young to have this put on his shoulders.

:(:(:(:(

Don

you, your son and the rest of your family are in my prayers Bill. Like others have said already...family first!

hang in there Brother, it just shows ya that bad things happen to good people, family first, but if you need a place to hang out or vent, this is a gooda place as any......

best wishes from Canada..... mo

thanks for the update....good to hear a positive first impression with the treatments... i hope n pray for the best for u n ur family...if there is anything ele a hill-billy from arkansas like me could do, drop me a pm...would try to help anyway i could...

we stand tallest with God when we are on our knees...

Sorry to hear about your son Gastrick. We'll keep you and your's in our prayers.

Oh man Bill, my heart just sank, y'all are in our prayers, WOW, I am suddenly at a loss for words to express how I feel.
I subscribed to this thread and will look for updates when you can.

God will Bless you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back