Public Notice To My RRR Friends

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to hear about this set back. We are praying at my house for a full recovery.

is there anything that would help to cheer your son up, something we as your "family" can do?

my prayers brother!!

this scripture literally saved my life!
Ezekiel 16:6And passing by thee, I saw that thou wast trodden under foot in thy own blood. and I said to thee when thou wast in thy blood: Live: I have said to thee: Live in thy blood.
it was prayed over me!

So sorry to hear about this Gas. I am sure your son is as strong as you though, and he will pull through just fine. My thoughts are with you both...

Prayer

So very sorry, Gas. But have faith. Prayer is so very powerful and you have many, many friends praying for you and your family. I am one of them.

Lynn

Wow...Thanks for the outpouring of support fellas. Just as I was about to post an update a few days ago, we had a setback and were back in the hospital again. The slightest of issues sends him back to the hospital in addition to the already scheduled appointments.

The bone marrow test results haven't been optimal so there will be some adjustments to the program but he is handling everything well.

As someone asked earlier in the thread, his name is Josh.

We have everything we need right now. Since I retired, I'm able to handle all the appointments and home care myself. Other than the obvious, all is well and under control.

Thanks again. I'll update as the changes come.

thanks for the update, Gastrick...

keeping Josh & your family in our prayers,

if you need someone to take care of your coupe, while you deal with all this just lemme know;):D

So happy to hear from you, Bill, and sorry to hear that there have been some setbacks. I think that is sort of expected in the early stages of treatment like this, the Drs have to find the levels and correct approach to treating each individual situation. It becomes trial and error to a degree.

As you can see from the posts, we are all praying and awaiting every update. Some of us have been PM ing each other asking if anyone has any news. Your entire family is a big part of the RRR forum. Please tell Josh we ask about him and want to know how he is doing.

If there is anything he would enjoy, please let us know.

Don

Glad things are going OK.....

I believe in the power of prayer....so your family and Josh will remain on the top of the list......

My Grandpa went through cobalt radiation treatment when he was in his 50's for lymphoma and bone cancer. I don;t know if they gave him chemo too or not. the radiation gave him problems with water on the heart and emphysema but he lived into his 80's There's always hope... when it's your time it's your time and when it's not, it's not.

Your entire family is a big part of the RRR forum. Please tell Josh we ask about him and want to know how he is doing.

If there is anything he would enjoy, please let us know.

Don

Bill, what Don said is how I feel too. If there is anything we can do to help you out too, speak up.

Guys, somewhat of an update. I sent Bill a PM because we haven't heard much recently and I wanted to know how Josh and the rest of the family was doing. Bill just answered me back and gave me permission to pass along some info. He said he comes on to read some posts occasionally, but is too worn out to do any posting himself. I can understand that.

They are in the initial stages of treating Josh and like to bombard it with heavy doses. That is what is being done, but Josh has lost 40 pounds and his immune system is literally at zero, so they have to keep everyone away from contact with Josh, and keep the house totally sterile. Lots of scrubbing with bleach, etc. Tomorrow (Friday) is the final treatment in the initial phase and they hope to know more after that.

Bill's Wife is continuing to work through this all because the treatments are extremely expensive and they need her health insurance. Bill has become Josh's primary care giver and they are commuting an hour and a half each way for treatments, and they have to do this every day. The poor guy sounds like he is really frazzled. :(

I told Bill that I had lunch today with my Ex Wife and she is an RN. She said the treatments really take their toll on the white blood cells but that Josh's age is a good thing as they tend to be strong and able to handle the heavy doses.

Bill knows all of us are concerned and praying for them all, and he really appreciates it. Anyone who has ever met Bill and the rest of his family can tell you that nicer, more down to earth people do not exist. It is just so wrong to see folks of this kind go through the health issues they have had bombard them from all sides in recent years.

So that is where things are, just keep praying guys. :)

Don

Thanks I've been curious as to the progress.
I know how stressful this is on every family member.
Thanks again for the update and they are most definitely in our prayers.

No problem, I know all of you are as concerned as we are. I wish Bill's family could just cut a break healthwise. Sometimes bad things really happen to the nicest people. :(

Don

Latest posts

Back