Public Service Announcement!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have half a tank of 91 in the chev and half a tank of 89 in my pickup and air in my bike tires.

I may be a lil biased but after hurricane Ike tore Houston up most of the city didn't have power for 2-3 weeks. Since no elec... no gas & no $$$ from ATMs. The elec at our house didn't go out but we were extremely lucky but my sister-in-law & her husband weren't as lucky & lived for 3 weeks with our generator supplying their elec but it couldn't run their A/C. They used the gas I had in all my cars to keep the lights on. It sounds krazy but if the ruskies cyber-attack our elec grid... I'll be ready! Best investments now... gold, silver & lead!

BoB

My job depends on diesel fuel. I fill up every day that I work, today’s fill up was $508.20 for 121.3 gallons, $4.18 a gallon. In Dec of last year I was paying about $3.68 a gallon. I always make sure I have enough to get back home when I leave out.

If it gets where I can’t get fuel, I’ll stay home.

I may be a lil biased but after hurricane Ike tore Houston up most of the city didn't have power for 2-3 weeks. Since no elec... no gas & no $$$ from ATMs. The elec at our house didn't go out but we were extremely lucky but my sister-in-law & her husband weren't as lucky & lived for 3 weeks with our generator supplying their elec but it couldn't run their A/C. They used the gas I had in all my cars to keep the lights on. It sounds krazy but if the ruskies cyber-attack our elec grid... I'll be ready! Best investments now... gold, silver & lead!

BoB

Gold Silver and LEAD[cl

I have no where I have to be, fortunately. Close to everything for a bike ride.

When Andrew struck S Florida, we were on the northern tip of it, some damage, but the power was out for only 3 days and it was hot!

But then came Katrina, followed a few weeks later by Wilma. Katrina took off half the roof on our flat roofed addition, no power loss at all. Wilma took the rest of said roof. Power was off for three weeks but the infrastucture was 2 days to reboot. There were folks like next door with the generator, spent more time standing at the gas station lines than home. The cold front that moved Wilma was a relief! (October/November).

So we just did the free ice in a cooler, and cooked what we could get on the barbecue grill, including that necessary staple...coffee! With wife and three daughters, I never saw quicker showers.

Disclaimer: I am on a number of places that I can talk about the geo political...but not here. I will check PMs tho..... :D

Last edited:

BoB

What if everyone was driving stupid electric cars.....and no way to "fill them up"
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Did I say that out loud?

What if everyone was driving stupid electric cars.....and no way to "fill them up"
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Did I say that out loud?

I was just at my local WAWA and found the 91 proof jumped 35 cents from a few days ago. This is putting a dent in my plans to drive to a show today that is 35 miles away, and I am getting about 12 - 15 a gallon.

They also just installed about a dozen electric "filling stations" ...which use "oil" to generate the power....somebody eventually pays.

One of my show buddies put his beautiful 55 Chev for sale on consignment, and bought a Tesla Plaid, top of the line, very fast, which he brings to the shows.

....now he is trying to get his Fiver back, Classic Car dealership says may have a sale.

Latest posts

Back