quick and dirty

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to work with what you have(and what is the most fun too:D) got the compressor back to working for now(broken intake reed) used an old credit card to make a temporary one. It's a early '70's industrial two stage twin cylinder so parts are not just around the corner nor cheap. Now I have to go back to work on the fuel tank;)

you can get stuff done without me around? :( i feel so....... useless:D

looks like the fun is about to begin!

just wait gang till we tear apart that 48! bwhahahaha[ddd

Last edited:
Got the fuel tank made, still need to put baffles in it and top fitment which means making sure the gauge is set at the right height and the filler neck is really where I want it.

Attachments

• fuel tank.jpg
    fuel tank.jpg
    3.6 KB
  • tank location.jpg
    tank location.jpg
    8 KB
Today me and hotrod preacher went and picked up the '48[cl
we got back to the shop at 9:30-9:45

Attachments

• qd4.jpg
    qd4.jpg
    76.2 KB
  • qd3.jpg
    qd3.jpg
    132.4 KB
By 2:30 this is what remained........kinda reminds you of ants on butter finger candy bar!:D
Got all the goodies back to my shop and had a little paying type job had to do, but then went back to playing for a few minutes cutting some stuff off of the old donor cab...........small mishap with the torch(who knew leaves were highly flammable?[S) but no biggie....guess they needed to be burnt anyway

Attachments

• qd.jpg
    qd.jpg
    204.8 KB

Attachments

• rusty ratrod frame build 002.jpg
    rusty ratrod frame build 002.jpg
    174.6 KB
  • rusty ratrod frame build 003.jpg
    rusty ratrod frame build 003.jpg
    134.5 KB
  • rusty ratrod frame build 004.jpg
    rusty ratrod frame build 004.jpg
    98.5 KB
  • rusty ratrod frame build 005.jpg
    rusty ratrod frame build 005.jpg
    152.2 KB
  • rusty ratrod frame build 006.jpg
    rusty ratrod frame build 006.jpg
    121.3 KB
  • rusty ratrod frame build 007.jpg
    rusty ratrod frame build 007.jpg
    126.7 KB
  • rusty ratrod frame build 009.jpg
    rusty ratrod frame build 009.jpg
    155.5 KB
  • rusty ratrod frame build 010.jpg
    rusty ratrod frame build 010.jpg
    111.9 KB
  • rusty ratrod frame build 011.jpg
    rusty ratrod frame build 011.jpg
    157.4 KB
I have been drooling all day to get back on the project(but someone must have put the word out that I was "playing" and bikes and trikes started pouring in,but I did the grown up thing today and took care of business. Unbelievably I will be doing more of the same tomorrow. I delivered the deloreon and finally got some floor space and poof...6jobs showed up. Not complaining(ok, I kinda am...:rolleyes:) but got to make money to be able to play.
I'm determined to get the cab at least sitting on the F350 by the week end. My old job called me monday and wants me to help them out for a few months during the busy season(my wife was less than thrilled..she dont like me being gone and working all of the time) so that may slow my roll on the project but i'm going to try and not let it. I would really like to be driving it in a month, maybe i'm being to optimistic?

I hear ya on the work. I (had) 3 days off this week. I wanted to finalize my chopper motor mounts and rear wheel. Then maybe finish a couple of tools I have been building. Then :poof: 1 guy gets sick, chief is on vaca, another has dr appointment with his son so now my week is a double mon, 9 hrs tues, 8 hrs wed, called in for 2 hrs at 6 am then 8 hrs tonight, double fri and 8 on sat night! I will love the cash though because on top of the OT is my 56 hrs of on call pay @ $2/hr for sleeping! [cl

I have sunday off to sleep! But 2 side jobs rolled in today to for my shop.

ah, yes..the "joys" of being an officer. I was one for nine years before the politics was a bit more than I cared to endure. I did get the cab on as planned..(it's "on" but not fastened down). I wanted to get pics today but was too busy. I'll try to post some friday.

...i dont think im gonna wait for the pics...

i may just come by n see it in person...[P

see if it meets my "approval" [ddd just kidding;)

Latest posts

Back