Quickest way to rust sheet metal?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcamp

What's the quickest way to rust sheet metal? I've heard of acids but working in a small comfines area wouldn't be good. Any other ideas?

Vinegar IS a mild acid. You could do electrolysis on it and hook the leads up reversed. That would rust it up in a hour or so.

Calcium Chloride Brine (liquid road salt) is the worst crap I have ever seen for destroying cars. I HATE IT! So that would probably work well.

Saltwater = rust...

Heres what i'v found, simple table salt heavily concentrated in a spray bottle works... But, utilizing the "more is better philosophy", i sprayed a bunch of this all over... I did get the desired look, but keep in mind... It continues to corrode even after youve got it to where you want it... Be prepared to wash it off. Too much of a good thing is still too much [s
d/b

Mixed up about a 1/2 quart of water with 1/4 cup of salt. Sprayed it on and covered with a paper towel. After about 1 hour I have rust starting already. But then I also sprinkled salt on after I soaked the towel down too. I'll let it set for a day or 2 then rinse it off good with clean water. I think it's gonna work pretty good.

You could pee on it then it'd smell like you just pulled it from a barn too

Take it to Daytona and drag it along the beach road....
What worked for me was to boil water and add salt to dissolve it. Then spray it on. About two days later rinse off with soap and water.

Hurry there's still time this winter move to the east coast there's ton's of salt just waiting -- gurananteed there will be rust - [ddev

Latest posts

Back