Rebel Wire ...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatBroke

Hostage Negotiator
We have a user on this board that either works for them or owns the company, I don't remember wich.
I am going to rewire my truck real soon and wanted to know which kit would suit me better. I just can't remember who it is...

All help is great...

Thanks everyone.

My Son Dan just bought me a Rebel setup for my birthday. Looks like a nice setup. One he got me was called a 9 + 3 with the optional gauge harness. We've never bought this brand before but have seen good things about them on line.

Don

Thanks for the info Don.
I'm also looking at their 9+3 setup as well. I will have to check into the optional guage harness..

Please let me know how everything works once you start the installation process.

When it came Dan and I looked it over, it seems as good as the AutoWire kit he has for his rpu. Wires are marked well, the components seem to be good quality, and the instruction sheet seems pretty uncomplicated. The optional gauge harness will make it nice because you can prewire the gauges by making a plywood or masonite mockup of your dash, insert the gauges, and make up the harness to fit. Then you only have to install that on the real dash when the time comes. There is a plug on the end so the dash unit is separate from the rest of the wiring until you plug it in. Lots easier than standing on your head, working under a tight dash.

I will post how it went when we get to that stage Flatbroke.

Don

I used the 8 circuit on my rat rod and I ordered the 9+3 for my 34. The 8 wasn't quite enough and should have gotten the 9+3. It was very well laid out and not that hard to wire up.

That's good to hear. I used to do all my own wiring from scratch, using marine components like wire, terminal ends, fuse blocks, etc. I got the stuff at cost back then because I was in the marine business, but now that I am not (and would have to pay retail :() the kits are cheaper than buying the separate parts. Plus, each wire is labeled as to where it goes, making it so much easier.

Don

I used the 9+3 in mine it works great and was easy to install (especially having never wired a vehicle before). They even helped me try to figure out the wiring on my "homemade" turn signal switch. Great people and great tech support. I will definitely use them on my next ride!

Just a clarification..

When we talk about re-wire this means EVERYTHING right?

I am still dismantling the unwanted crap from my car.
Pull EVERY wire except the spark plug wires and rewire everything, right?

Tj

Just a clarification..

When we talk about re-wire this means EVERYTHING right?

I am still dismantling the unwanted crap from my car.
Pull EVERY wire except the spark plug wires and rewire everything, right?

Tj

Yes...and a good rewire will include a new ignition switch, headlite and dimmer switches because they get corroded and can be a point of resistance that will cause problems. Good luck..:)

A little update on mine. I just started Friday installing the Rebel 9+3 kit I have, and I really like the quality of it. The fuse panel has more circuits than my 27 needs, and the directions are actually easy to understand and complete.

I made a starboard panel to mount my fuse block to and hinged it so it will flip down when I need to change fuses or work on the system. This will save me from having to stand on my head under the dash if I ever need to do anything on it. I stole that trick from my Son Dan, who did that on his RPU.:eek:

Don

Yes...and a good rewire will include a new ignition switch, headlite and dimmer switches because they get corroded and can be a point of resistance that will cause problems. Good luck..:)

I was thinking about doing lever-lock toggle switches for Ignition, Fuel Pump and a red-guarded toggle for Start. Or maybe buy one of those race-car switch bars.

Trick will be hiding some kind of kill-switch for security.

I thought about recessing a super-mini toggle switch in the base of a cigarette lighter port. Who would stick their finger down there unless they read this post... ooops.

I ordered a 9+3 kit the other day hope it is big enough for my 54 I think it will I am running old school mec fan,fuel pump no air like it would have been in the 60s. I do Know there customer service was great talked in some one that knew his stuff.

As I mentioned, I used the 9 + 3 in my 27, was very happy with it. But I have a question. My turnsignals are hot even with the key off. I can dig into it to trace the problem, but thought you guys at Rebel might have a quicker answer.

Don

Latest posts

Back