rim choice??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70_boosted

im a little torn on what to run as far as rims...im thinking of a set of 15x10's rear and 15x8's front or same 16's, etc...

im lost on what to run as far as rim style...i could run steels, could run some nice looking tuner wheels...but im torn.

i do have a predicament. i have a 6x5.5 front lug pattern, and a rear 5x4.75.
im able to easily by the same style rims with different lugs but just dont have a clue what style. i have the 42 ford truck build going right now, running a I6 turbo drivetrain, chevy rear axle, mazda front subframe. just wanna hear some ideas as far as rim style. just let me know, nothing really huge right now.

i was kinda looking to the cragar black rock crawlers, but i like the style of the motorcycle skinny front tire, just cant find a rim that thin in the cragar style.

For all the lazy guys, it kinda looks like this :)
attachment.php

thank you for posting the pic, i was rushed yesterday posting the thread, so i didn't transfer a pic...but it has 6 lug front and 5 lug rear.

artillery? wide five?

You can go all steel wheels and paint them the color of your choice. Vintage wheels and several others will make them in your choice of widths, dia's and bolt circles or you could make your own rims from several doner rims but if you,ve never done it befor it is quite challenging. I build rims mostly for old army trucks and it took me a while to get them right on when i started out.
Bob

im thinking of going with a set of cragar soft 8's 15x7's F 15x10's R...not over bearing, but at the same time not over used. what does everything kinda think? im thinking its going to give it a low dark aggressive stance. seeing how the whole truck will be blacked out.

Latest posts

Back