RookieRod Model A progress

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some updates....

Got the front shocks mounted, headlights, taillights & turn signals.

Attachments

• CIMG3131.jpg
    CIMG3131.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 76
  • CIMG3132.jpg
    CIMG3132.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 85
  • CIMG3133.jpg
    CIMG3133.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 69
  • CIMG3140.jpg
    CIMG3140.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 65
Got my fancy modified patio chairs in, wood floors and wood wheel. Mesh patio chairs are really nice in the heat down here....

Attachments

• CIMG3141.jpg
    CIMG3141.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 79
  • CIMG3142.jpg
    CIMG3142.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 84
Replaced the rusted out front roof sections, replaced the wood supports with steel. Also new wood header piece above the windshield.

Also got some 16" F150 spares for the back, looks alot better I think....

Attachments

• CIMG3135.jpg
    CIMG3135.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 55
  • CIMG3136.jpg
    CIMG3136.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 50
  • CIMG3137.jpg
    CIMG3137.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 61
  • CIMG3138.jpg
    CIMG3138.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 105
  • CIMG3139.jpg
    CIMG3139.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 101
looks good! great build thread and a really nice rat! like the ford motor-but why would a guy put a chevy-lookin' distributor in it!?:eek::D

driveshaft hoop

Made some good progress on the floor tonight. Still thinking of going with wood on the flat part and steel on the hump.

Awsome build BI, have ya given any thought about a hoop under the front of your driveshaft? I buildin' a new floor in my 49 chev fleetline. Can I borrow some of your ideas? Keep the pics coming.

looks good! great build thread and a really nice rat! like the ford motor-but why would a guy put a chevy-lookin' distributor in it!?:eek::D

Yeah its fat and ugly, but I don't discriminate - a GM HEI distributor beats the crap out of the orignal Ford Duraspark system. It had a seperate coil, and TWO spark boxes!! A good American invention is a good American invention....:cool:

riverratt - yeah I am definitely planning on a driveshaft hoop and some seatbelts before I take it on the highway...hopefully get that done this week.

Excellent !

checkin out the steps of this build really makes me feel like i can also do one from the ground up and I would have to say you jammed it out in a pretty quick time !

Nice machine you have built, Big Irish. Unchopped, channeled Model A's are a favorite of mine. That's why I have one. Yours has a much better stance than mine though. You should have many enjoyable miles in it.

Nifty 50's!

The BigIrish lives rat down the street from me & I have called him out to go to the Nifty 50's car show together this weekend... no excuses!!! :D:D:D

His car is really kool & I'm sure it's gonna get a lot of attention @ the show!!!

BoB

And the award for worst roof goes to....

Yes thats a bedsheet. Had to do something to get the TX sun off my face, like riding around in a broiler. I'll make a proper canvas roof soon, but this works pretty good for now.

Attachments

• CIMG3144.jpg
    CIMG3144.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 93
  • CIMG3146.jpg
    CIMG3146.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 99
Curious.....

First, great job. Did I see a roof top sitting against the wall in your shop? What vehicle did you get it from and were you going to use it and changed your mind?

Latest posts

Back