shop fun

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butchman_3

at the fab shop i work at we always like to cut loose a little bit. well we have a guy that is always hanging around and is like that "lil" brother to everyone. well we told him he might as well get initiated and become one of the "shop guys". totally joking with him that he had to roll down the hill in a 66" monster truck tire. without missing a beat he asked for a helmet and lets do this. in the video, what he didnt realise was we told him he was gonna free roll to the bottom, we couldnt be that mean, but he didnt know. thing was he was short enough to stand up in the tire and looked like an overgrown hamster wheel.
heres the vid rolling down hill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et6a09qtGHc

the second vid is us rolling him uphill, he wasnt as gracefull. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlnuFqWYb1k

so out of curiosity, what type of antics and fun everyone else have at their shop?

i'm sure alot of you have done this one....bet a guy(you might want one slower and smaller than you) that he cant lift this 80pound bag of concrete over his head...and then when he does you take your handy knife and cut it open right in the middle,above his head

Never heard of that with concrete! I'm thinkin' somebody would be in the hospital or jail after that.

When I was still in school, friends had a big inner-tube we would free-roll down a huge hill.

I used to get the new guys with these big aluminum cast pulleys we would ship. They looked like heavy cast iron, but only weighed about 15 lbs. Act like they were 100lbs, grunt lift, and slam 'em down hard so they sounded heavy. New guy would do the same and just about take his own head off every time. :D

as a tech we had all kinds of stuff to keep us "entertained"

old air bag in a buddies trash can is a hoot! scares the crap outs him and sends trash all over the place!

2 liter soda bottle. glue, tape the cap on with an air fitting, place under buddies tool box (the more dirt the better) when he is standing there open the air valve on the wall! Huge boom and dirt all over the place!

air bag in the bosses pick up bed wired to his trailer brake lamp circuit. Especially when he was taking all his grass clippings to the dump. Huge boom and grass all over the place!

Side note: if you hear whislting under your box, just walk away. you see 4 grown men hiding behind the corner and strange wires coming out of your trash can, just walk away!

I have a sledgehammer made from balsa wood. Act like its heavy, then throw it at someone. As I'm 5' 6" big guys are the best targets!
I bought a "display" car battery that I use for mock up. Made of plastic, weighs maybe a pound, but looks real. My wife loves asking guys to lift it up and put it on a shelf or in a car. Same thing, they lift like its real and most fall on their butts.

Never heard of that with concrete! I'm thinkin' somebody would be in the hospital or jail after that.

When I was still in school, friends had a big inner-tube we would free-roll down a huge hill.

I used to get the new guys with these big aluminum cast pulleys we would ship. They looked like heavy cast iron, but only weighed about 15 lbs. Act like they were 100lbs, grunt lift, and slam 'em down hard so they sounded heavy. New guy would do the same and just about take his own head off every time. :D

nah...the concrete is still in powder form, they will need a shower afterwards.
I'm sure this one has been done by many... I'll share anyway: you and a group of buddies get a funnel and gather around while drinking a cold glass of water...start lauhing and having a good time and invite your "mark" over and challenge him to join your contest. Here's how you play...put the funnel down the front of you pants and place this quarter on you forehead tilted back, you then tilt your head foward and try to put the quarter in the funnel. now while he has his head tilted back the nice cold water yall was enjoying...you guessed it, all down the funnel!:D

nah...the concrete is still in powder form, they will need a shower afterwards.
I'm sure this one has been done by many... I'll share anyway: you and a group of buddies get a funnel and gather around while drinking a cold glass of water...start lauhing and having a good time and invite your "mark" over and challenge him to join your contest. Here's how you play...put the funnel down the front of you pants and place this quarter on you forehead tilted back, you then tilt your head foward and try to put the quarter in the funnel. now while he has his head tilted back the nice cold water yall was enjoying...you guessed it, all down the funnel!:D
Chocolate mik makes that one sooooooo much more memorable. :eek:

when I worked in a ware house I would bet new guys I could pick up a quarter flat on the floor with a fork truck. They would try first and fail (fork tip is thicker than the quarter). Then I would put the fork on top of the quarter with all the down pressure weight of the mast on it. back up slow so the tip snaps down over the edge of the quarter and like a tiddly wink it will pop up and onto the fork! easy $20 every time![cl

when I worked in a ware house I would bet new guys I could pick up a quarter flat on the floor with a fork truck. They would try first and fail (fork tip is thicker than the quarter). Then I would put the fork on top of the quarter with all the down pressure weight of the mast on it. back up slow so the tip snaps down over the edge of the quarter and like a tiddly wink it will pop up and onto the fork! easy $20 every time![cl

that is a good one I'm going to have to try that on tuesday.

Latest posts

Back