Should I buy a 1930 Buick - opinions?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
A guy at work called me yesterday and asked me if I was interested in a Buick he bought a couple years ago. $1,500. Said he had a Mustang II installed on the original frame that had been boxed previously. I haven't seen it yet, but I think it's a mostly complete car minus drive train.

The wife gave me a 'whatever' when I asked her about buying it, so that obviously means 'yes honey, I really think you need to buy it.'

So do you guys think I should try to buy it? I'd have to store it at my Dads until next winter.

You gots ta be kiddin'... snag it quick!!! They're beautiful... but we're gonna need pictures!

BoB

I think the wife gave you your answer. (You deserve it after the blue tux episode). :D

Go look at it and take yer camera. Sounds interesting to say the least.

newironrats, you are nuts i want them all one of each that and a bigger garage and oh ya and a pool table. the question is do i need it. who cares its a 1930 buick

Good Lord Sam the Mustang II front end cost $1500.00 he's given you the freakin car [S
Oh, sorry if that came off a bit harsh :eek:
Yes if you don't want it I dooooo [dr

Jim

YES, buy the car already! Now what do I get for the 'Blue Tux' episode :confused::confused:.........oh that's right, I just got this didn't I :p

MidnightAutoBodyLarge.jpg

.......and at a pretty darn good price I might add [ddd

Doc, ya got the wrong SF. That was SnakeFarmer. (hahaha...nice tux...)

So you guys think maybe I should then....

Sorry fellas. Must be that short-term memory thing. I'm gonna have to keep notes or somethin'. [S

SF1 - Sam Fear. Yes, buy the car!

SF2 - Snake Farm. The Chevy matches the tux. :D

The wife gave me a 'whatever'..........that obviously means 'yes honey, I really think you need to buy it.'

Sam, obviously don't know squat about "Woman code" talk. But your right, you should get the car, that way the little missus will discuss what was really said. You will then have the car, and an education. Sounds like a win-win situation to me!!:D:D

Why ask the wife? Just do what I did last Friday and show up at home with a new boat.

When the wife asked what I was doing with it I told her that we were going for a boat ride in the morning.

She said I better not have bought that thing.

Next morning went out for the boat ride with the wife.

She then said, "we may need to think about keeping this"

So go get that car and if you can't give her a ride in it just tell her you will fix it for her.

Get it. My next door neighbor has a 37 with suicide doors he is doing a hotrod build on. He has the original straight 8 (runs)/trans/rear for sale. Only issue is that there is a few zip codes between us... but nice cars. [cl

The guy is undecided what he wants to do. He had to sell his unfinished '56 Chevy a while back to save his house. Now he has a possible line on a '57. I told him 'no hurry' since I'd have to store it until next year anyhow.

BTW, Earthman, if I got the Buick, I wouldn't have time to section the Olds.

Latest posts

Back