Smoked Meat....Canadian style

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runza's

To make runza's it goes something like lightly bake up some hoagies out of something like a pizza dough-croissant crossover dough then you slice them and insert your ingredients.
filler is seasoned ground beef with onion and cabbage then after stuffing the filler you brush them with butter and bake em

I invented a new badd attitude green been dish...
I like using the water because it has trapped vitiamin in the canning process but I hate watery veggies
so I opened a can of french cut green beans added onion and black pepper and a few handfulls of the crushed up potato chips i had been saving from the bottom of the chip bags. you know the stuff you cant use to dip with?

Yeah it was good

made jerky on the weekend, and another 4 racks of ribs with a bit of a change on the recipe from last time...these ones were better than the last...and the last were pretty darned good!

Tomorrow I'm headed over to the butchers to grab a brisket. Wednesday I'm feeding a small army.

It took me forever to remember this...
I thought it up at Perkins in Moab UT
when I was 12 beers tired and dopey from the road...
I was sitting there looking at a bottle of catchup and someone mentioned conspiracies and I said there are conspiracies everywhere let me prove it to you see this here bottle of Heinz catsup? 57 varieties?

The colonel had 11 herbs and spices right? and there are 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon right? and and you can eat chicken AND bacon both with your hands there are 5 fingers on each hand...
and 11-6=5 and chicken and bacon are both primary flavors in that things can taste like chicken ,they can taste like bacon... but bacon tastes only like bacon and chicken tastes only like chicken...
so if you take the 57 varieties of Heinz minus 11 chicken and 6 bacon you get 40 and you have to work 40 hours a week to buy some chicken and bacon

Now if you take 11 herbs and spices in one hand and 6 degrees of bacon in the other you are using 2 hands for comparison.
take the 57 varieties of Heinz minus 2 hands and you get 55 the same number you get when you times the 11 herbs and spices by the number of fingers on the hand that is holding it.
This is mathematical proof for why chicken goes good with catchup...

But if you take 57 herbs and spices minus 30 for the 6 degrees of bacon times those 5 fingers... you end up with 27... the age at which Curt Cobain dies proving this is a conspiracy.

Now Take 57 divided by 30 and you end up with 1.9

WE have to convert bacon into geometry so one third of whole is .333
And one third of 30 (bacon times fingers) is 3
and 10/30 3.333 (10 fingers/30 bacon times fingers)
so 3.333 - 3 = .333
factor back in the 10 (fingers) = 10.333
10.333... forms one leg of a curvilinear tetrahedral pyramid
since a pyramid has 3 sides...
Times 1.9 by 10.333 (57 varieties/30 (5-fingers x 6 degrees of bacon)) x10.333)
And you get 19.6327 which is within a few seconds of degrees of latitude where the intersection of a tetrahedron within a sphere is mapped out on a planet...this proves that bacon and catchup is not a natural combination but is not impossible if it is taken as an extremely sophisticated taste.

It took me forever to remember this...
I thought it up at Perkins in Moab UT
when I was 12 beers tired and dopey from the road...
I was sitting there looking at a bottle of catchup and someone mentioned conspiracies and I said there are conspiracies everywhere let me prove it to you see this here bottle of Heinz catsup? 57 varieties?

The colonel had 11 herbs and spices right? and there are 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon right? and and you can eat chicken AND bacon both with your hands there are 5 fingers on each hand...
and 11-6=5 and chicken and bacon are both primary flavors in that things can taste like chicken ,they can taste like bacon... but bacon tastes only like bacon and chicken tastes only like chicken...
so if you take the 57 varieties of Heinz minus 11 chicken and 6 bacon you get 40 and you have to work 40 hours a week to buy some chicken and bacon

Now if you take 11 herbs and spices in one hand and 6 degrees of bacon in the other you are using 2 hands for comparison.
take the 57 varieties of Heinz minus 2 hands and you get 55 the same number you get when you times the 11 herbs and spices by the number of fingers on the hand that is holding it.
This is mathematical proof for why chicken goes good with catchup...

But if you take 57 herbs and spices minus 30 for the 6 degrees of bacon times those 5 fingers... you end up with 27... the age at which Curt Cobain dies proving this is a conspiracy.

Now Take 57 divided by 30 and you end up with 1.9

WE have to convert bacon into geometry so one third of whole is .333
And one third of 30 (bacon times fingers) is 3
and 10/30 3.333 (10 fingers/30 bacon times fingers)
so 3.333 - 3 = .333
factor back in the 10 (fingers) = 10.333
10.333... forms one leg of a curvilinear tetrahedral pyramid
since a pyramid has 3 sides...
Times 1.9 by 10.333 (57 varieties/30 (5-fingers x 6 degrees of bacon)) x10.333)
And you get 19.6327 which is within a few seconds of degrees of latitude where the intersection of a tetrahedron within a sphere is mapped out on a planet...this proves that bacon and catchup is not a natural combination but is not impossible if it is taken as an extremely sophisticated taste.

My head hurts[S[S[S

Just give me bacon (the meat not Kevin) on my chicken sandwich and I'll be happy...Most of the time I can even eat that with one hand which leaves me 5 fingers for scrolling the mouse while surfing the internet[cl

roughly 10 pounds of brisket (after trimming)
IMG_4216.jpg

Woke up at 4 am, got the smoker up to temperature. At 5 am the brisket went in. This was roughly 6 hours into the smoke, with about 7 or so more to go I'm guessing:
IMG_4224.jpg

i need one of those smokers
i am brining some corned beef right now
and when it is done.
if i smoked it.
i would have pastrami!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are killin me....!!!!

I thought I was hungry before.....now i'm starving......got called in early....no breakfast, no lunch and dinner won't be for a few more hours.....:eek:

Now you're messing with me....lol

Seriously it looks so good....I can almost smell it.....can you throw some this way when it's done??? [dr

Latest posts

Back