So, I tried the "make your own whitewalls" thing.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodron

Drives the Batmobile... er... Ratmobile!
Well, after watching the video and hearing everyone talking about it, I just had to try it. They certainly aren't perfect, but they were FREE:D.......

windsornew.jpg

I've heard bad things about the paint. The oils in the rubber bleed through turning the whitewall a tan color etc. I ground these down using a flap disc on an angle grinder.

been there done that with the paint off of ebay. im sure it may possibly work with some old dry tires, but dont use it on tires that still may have some oil in them.... it comes straight through and turns the white a tan color.

Thanks. Yeah, just took the grinder to 'em. Man, what a mess! Oh, and the smell:eek: It was nice out today, so we turned off the AC in the house and opened the windows, well, long story short, my entire house smells like someone's been doing burnouts in the hallway!:eek:

Thanks. Yeah, just took the grinder to 'em. Man, what a mess! Oh, and the smell:eek: It was nice out today, so we turned off the AC in the house and opened the windows, well, long story short, my entire house smells like someone's been doing burnouts in the hallway!:eek:

That cracked me up!:D

Crap... my boss just looked over at my desk from me laughing so hard:eek:

Latest posts

Back