Some people just don't get it.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So HOT40ROD, how bad is it now that you've had a day to surmise the damage?

The bike is a total lost. The car needs a fender and got to check to see if the suspension is damaged. The rim is bent. also does not have park in the trans anymore. She moved the car sideways about 2 feet. the wheel took most of it.

I am still mad. I was going to take the car to a local show on sat. and a cruise later that night.

I am still mad. I was going to take the car to a local show on sat. and a cruise later that night.

I don't think it would matter if you planned on letting it sit and rot for two years, it's the lady's attitude that would keep me burning. If she would have been sincerely sorry about the whole thing, it would probably make it a lot easier to get over.

I can not tell you what I think should happen to the lady. I found out from neighbors that she was always flying in the parking lot like that and she is not the only one.

I guess being a nice guy and letting the day care use my lot for dropping off there kids was not a good idea. I guess now I will put some post and chain cross the front of it. the day care owner is even giving me an attatute about it.

As for the bike is was a stock Harley I bought to make a chopper out of. So I'm not so upset about that one. Just give me the money and move on.

The car really upsets me. I spent all this time getting it ready for show and cruises and now I got to let it set. I was making it look like a gasser. I had replaced the bumper with a push bar. install bucket seats with 5 point safety hanesses, made some changes under the hood and new exhuast that came out right behind the door. I just been thinking get the money and put it up for sale and get something else.

I bought the car to have fun with until I got my projects done. it only have 54000 miles on it and no rust issues.

Right now it got me so down that I don't even want to go this weekend The show said they would let my enter my 2003 Harley Davidson F 150 sense it is special interest.

Oh and the woman that hit the vehicle was running late and had to get her kids to baseball. She is mad at me because her kids missed baseball.

I wonder if she fly around that parking lot with all the kids around.

Oh and the woman that hit the vehicle was running late and had to get her kids to baseball. She is mad at me because her kids missed baseball.

I wonder if she fly around that parking lot with all the kids around.

We call them DC's 'round here.

The way this DC drives, she's lucky her kids have arms, much less throw a ball.

I'll bet if she ran over a child, the child wasn't supposed to be there either.

Proves beyond a doubt, that the human body can be sustained by a single living brain-cell.

go to the show

Should trailer it to the show and let everyone know who the driver was that hit it.[ddd

l agree, throw it a traler and tell every one the story, may get a hard luck award[ddev

not to make it sound as it's not important, a wrecked ride is a major, but sometimes l have a hard time saying what l want without sounding like a idiot, so take this as a ""friend.".

so here goes, and foregive if l overstep my bounds.

after losing my son, Jimmy, to a drowning 8 1/2 years ago, having a car smucked that can be fixed is bad, but, not the end of the world. go and enjoy the show. l learned the hard way that life is to short to mope over what is done and can't be changed. l did that for 8 years over Jimmy's 1950 dodge truck before l pulled my head out and am now finishing it,,,, l wish l had done it a lot sooner.

Later:cool:

I'm suprised you'd get a cop to do anything about a vehicle collision if it happened on private property.

I Aways wondered about that...they used to say they can't cite people for traffic citations but maybe they were able to cite her for non-traffic ordinance or code. maybe destruction of private property..

The difference between the US and the rest of the world is that Americans threw off their king and became sovereign.
Instead of creating new lords and masters and subjecting themselves under them, they drew up the constitution.
All authority is retained in the individual sovereign. we are residents, not subjects.
Our government has been given powers to carry out the public good but as outlined in the 10th amendment the powers are explicit, cannot be delegated, and revert to the people if not exercised. It is illegal for any office to exceed it's mandate.
This difference is why in America traffic related offenses are offenses not crimes while in the rest of the world traffic related violations are misdemeanors and crimes.
The legal Jeopardy for violating American motor vehicle code falls against the license to engage in the activity whereas in the rest of the world it falls upon the body of the person the same way it does for committing a crime in America.
Why? because in America we are free and have rights.
We are under the protection of the law and our government is bound under the rule of law.
It is the reason why American law is incompatible with world law and we can never be a state of a world government unless either the world changes, America is conquered, or the constitution is abolished.

Now in the context of what America is, The whole of the motor vehicle code draws it's force and effect of law from the operation of a vehicle on a public right-of-way as being a privilege not a right.
Governments have tried to regulate the automobile since it's invention. Every legislative enactment had been struck down as unconstitutional because as long as it is legal to have a car and use a car, Americans have the right to travel and the right to personal conveyance.
But the exigent conditions were a bona fide breach of the peace by motorists and clear public danger.
The answer was to outlaw the operation of a motor vehicle upon a public highway.
A license is permission to engage in an illegal activity
As long as you abide by the rules regulating the activity you keep your license. If you break the rules you may lose your license or have a fine levied against it (aliened)
What was never done is they never made it a crime to operate a motor vehicle entirely.
The constitution and the bill of rights explicitly protects certain rights along with a blanket protection of other unspecified rights.
These unspecified rights come from providence inherent in the individuals' sovereignty and free agency being created in the image of his maker who is sovereign and free. It's a birth right, never earned.
Unless a jurisdiction outlaws all operation of motor vehicles anywhere, It is still an unspecified right to operate on a private right of way, which is why police are barred from enforcing motor vehicle code on private property.

One thing I learned from a friend...
He returned home to his apartment with his friend and neighbor from a date (a woman) her ex boyfriend who did not live there and was very drunk and breaching the peace and trying to follow into the building.
Jason ( a bouncer) stepped between them and told the man "you need to go home and sober up buddy, your not getting in this door".
The guy attacked him, Jay took a few hits and after the guy wouldn't let up. Jay took a swing and I think knocked him out.
The girl called the police who showed up and were going to arrest Jay because the drunk was an off duty Lavista Ne cop. But they couldn't because he never identified himself as a cop and there were witness' who saw him brutally attack Jay.
During the altercation, Jason had forgotten his keys in the ignition of his bronco.
a few hours later the officers on-duty buddies came by.
Jay was sitting on the patio of his apartment drinking a beer with the neighbors (This isn't in the ghetto it was an upscale complex) and they arrested him for owi.
He fought it in court and lost.
The judge instructed the jury that since the apartment complex had given lavista police permission to patrol the property, It was legally a public right of way even though it was a private parking lot, that the keys in the ignition constituted operation, and being under the influence constituted an unlawful operation on a public right of way. He further instructed the jury the only issues they were to consider is was the defendant under the influence or not and were the keys placed in the ignition by the defendant.

Typical corrupt travesty of justice and an abuse of the law.
But it may reflect the conditions when an officer may be allowed to enforce motor vehicle code on private property

Sell it off and find another or it will eat at you every time you discover one more little thing that got tweaked.

Oh, and watch, someone will speed into your lot to drop off their late kids and thrash their car on your chains.

Here some pictures of the car. The wheel use to set 10 inches inside the fender.

Attachments

• '1958 rambler crash 001a.JPG
    '1958 rambler crash 001a.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 40
  • '1958 rambler crash 002a.JPG
    '1958 rambler crash 002a.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 35
  • '1958 rambler crash 003a.JPG
    '1958 rambler crash 003a.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 33
  • '1958 rambler crash 004a.JPG
    '1958 rambler crash 004a.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 43
  • '1958 rambler crash 005a.JPG
    '1958 rambler crash 005a.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 25
Update

Got my money for the bike but her insurance co. is giving me issues with the rambler. Waiting on a call from my insurance co.

Update

Got my money for the bike but her insurance co. is giving me issues with the rambler. Waiting on a call from my insurance co.
A long time ago, I had a '72 Chevelle as my D/D. I was rear ended by ab illegal which no license or insurance. It would cost $1K to fix the car but my insurance company totaled the car. I explained I wanted to fix the car so the offered me $465. I refused the offer so my agent said to send receipts for work done and they would adjust the settlement. He explained that they would have to replace the car with the same mileage and equiptment and they really didn't want to do that. After I sent in copies of my receipts, we settled for $1K. Now this was in the late '70's. I don't know if insurance companies have changed the policies.

talk to my insurance co. last night. They are sending an adjuster today and are going to decide what to do with the car and pay me. Then they are going after her insurance,

UPDATE:

Talk to the insurance Co. today. They are trying to find parts and if they can not they may total it.

The only problem is all the changes and part I put on it , they said I can not remove them.

All this work and now I may not even get to drive it.

The only problem is all the changes and part I put on it , they said I can not remove them.

You might want to revisit that point with them. Typically, you can R&R aftermarket parts and put the O.E.M parts back on(if you still have them)

They theory is, they insured and covered an O.E.M car, if they total it, then they in essence "Bought" that O.E.M car. Until they hand you that Ins. check and you sign over the title it's STILL your car.

Remember that ins. adj. is a guy doing his job. You're another file to him. He didn't slam into you the ins. co.'s client did. Don't vent your anger on him. Let the steam off here. I had my check in 4 days...my car will be in the shop next monday.

I understand it sucks, I've been there a few times myself. It's over, move on build another one....with "her" money :D

Latest posts

Back