Some people just don't get it.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely...

Even if they total the car, you can buy it back as salvage.

They will work out a deal to buy it as a total.... you'll probably have to work on the deal as they probably don't have a clue what it's really worth....Thats why dealing with collector car insurance is sometimes better.... at least they've seen some of this stuff...good luck with working this out.....:D

UPDATE

Well Hagerty insurance only gave me $935.00 to fix it. They said because the windshield was not damage that there is no frame or suspension damage. Also the trans is my problem.

I guess I will take the check and put the car up for sale.

I also guess went this is over I will be shopping for new insurance. I was only with them for 15 years.

So I know what to say next time someone ask me about Hagerty Insurance

You should contact your states insurance commissioner if your not satisfied with the outcome. Their job is to mediate. Friend of mine had to go that route with a bike accident. Insurance company wouldn't settle because they said they didn't insure motorcycles! Yet they took his semi-annual payments for 2 years! Commissioner settled that quickly. Try it, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain..good luck....cr

Well this turn into a nightmire. I guess I well just take the lost an move on.

I bought this car last Sept. and that it has been titled in PA. starting in 2002 I never thought of checking the VIN.

Well the Vin does not match the title. So I get nothing from insurance.

Holy Crap.....

Well this turn into a nightmire. I guess I well just take the lost an move on.

I bought this car last Sept. and that it has been titled in PA. starting in 2002 I never thought of checking the VIN.

Well the Vin does not match the title. So I get nothing from insurance.

What a kick in the teeth.....sorry man... bummer!:(

I would look at suing the driver of the other car in civil court. That may change her and her insurance company's attitude. You must know several people who own body shops to get you some estimates. My understanding is she is responsible to make the car just like it was right before she hit it. Including fixing the trans.

I would look at suing the driver of the other car in civil court......My understanding is she is responsible to make the car just like it was right before she hit it. Including fixing the trans.

YES! VIN correct or not she still damaged your property through her own negligent actions. You don't need a attorney to file. ALL ins. co. have what they refer to as a nuisance fee cost. Basically an ammount pay-out that just is not worth their time to deal with in Court. 15 yrs ago I worked as an Loss Prevention Mgr. for a large national retail store. The Slip, Trip & Fall was $1500.00 back them. Meaning they would simple pay out on any clain up to that point without batting an eyelash.

I'm sure damage to property in the case would easily cover your repair bills.

They are counting on you to just lay down & give up without a fight. GO FOR IT! You have nothing to loose.

Last edited:
Ok The insurance adjuster is asshat. The plate he was looking at was the body trim plate. The VIn plate was on the right side inner fender.

I talk to someone that deals in Rambler to ask him if he would be intersted in the car for part. as I was talking to him I told him why I was selling it. He told me that if the number on the plate located on the fire wall does not start with a M it is not the VIN it is the body assembly plate. The Vin will be located on the upper right side inner fender. It would be a 4 inch by 1 inch plate and tack welded to the fender.

Found the plate today and sanded the paint off of it and guess what there a VIN number starting with an M and ends with a star. It also matches my title.

So now it is clear coated and you can see the numbers real good.

So now they are sending someone out to check the vin. If they send the same guy out maybe the hood will slip out of my hands why he is looking at the vin plate.

When this is all over Hargerty is out and Grundy is in.

he'll probably think you made it ...

then attached it cause it looks pretty....lol... well things turning around for you....good deal... best of luck and I hope it turns out well.... [cl

Wow, what a mess. Why does the VIN matching matter anyway, she still hit the thing and devalued your property? And I wouldn't stop fighting until the transmission was getting fixed, that's bull.

Wow, what a mess. Why does the VIN matching matter anyway, she still hit the thing and devalued your property? And I wouldn't stop fighting until the transmission was getting fixed, that's bull.

The funny part is my insurance Co. is give me the hard time. Her insurance did not know how to deal with it so they have my insurance doing the work and then her insurance with pay what ever it is.

Like I said " Out with Hagerty and in with Grundy."

Latest posts

Back