Tents fall at Arizona Auto Auction

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyce51

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poles the size of telephone poles damage cars!!

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/northeastvalley/scottsdale/story/Owners-let-in-after-tents-collapse-at-Scottsdale/L9vc8Xfz4U-zlfi9GhC8Hg.cspx?rss=704

Original.jpg

being in the tent ministry , i can tell those kind of tents dont do well in high winds, we call then airabic tents cause the way they are made, they are good when ya need room with out alot of poles, but to withstand wind you need a dome top tent!, dowb side is a bunch of poles ! ok for people but cant get as many cars in the tent! hate to see that!

That would suck!! Can you imagine how many of the car probably didn't have any insurance on them?

They are mostly shiney, big buck, numbers matching, resto "investments".
I'd be surprised if most of them didn't have insurance.
Plus the auction promoter should have insurance, and the tent company should have their own insurance.

Glad nobody was seriously injured.

when its all said and done luckly no-one was seriously injured...and the cars can be repaired....but I'm sure there is gonna be some battling with the insurance companies...

actually if you read most disclaimers on auctions, they are not responsible for anything, that have all the risk. This may come under a act of g/d. I do not know anyone who has a concours quality auto that does not have great insurance. If I was haggertys and grundys I would be swallowing aspin by the bucket full now

Yep< I was there with 3 cars.
1st off I think sum of you guys should think B4 ya open yer traps and insert yer foot.
Yes, there were a lot of 100% fully documented HI $$$ cars there.
Also many street rods and and nostalgis pieces.
Yes you do sign a waiver of liability.
You have to have proof of insurance B4 you can enter a car in any auction!!!!
And yes Hagertty and Grundy were there plus a few others,
most all damage to vehicles was photo'd and claims opened on the spot.
1 of the vehicles that I sold B4 the SH*T hit the fan, was damaged and as I type this is already in my shop 4 repairs with a blank check(so to speak) from Hagerrty.
My other 2 vehicles didn't even get a scratch, although all the cars around them had extensive damage, and both sold yesterday for sum big $$$$$.

Just remember, Have all the facts B4 ya speak, if not ya end up lookin like a fool.

Attachments

• 47 Ready for RUSSO 001.jpg
    47 Ready for RUSSO 001.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 47 Ready for RUSSO 005.jpg
    47 Ready for RUSSO 005.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 32 in Rod & Custom.jpg
    32 in Rod & Custom.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back